Brake Bleed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the maintenance forum and didn’t get a response.

Is there anything special needed to be done when vacuum bleeding the brakes on these trucks? Or just bleed as normal? Sounds like there’s a brake maintenance mode that might be required for changing the pads?

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the maintenance forum and didn’t get a response.

Is there anything special needed to be done when vacuum bleeding the brakes on these trucks? Or just bleed as normal? Sounds like there’s a brake maintenance mode that might be required for changing the pads?
@FordTechOne do you have any insight on this?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d like some more info on this too. I used a mightyVAC and air compressor to bleed the brakes on my JKU for 10 years. Sometimes a scan tool was needed to activate the ABS so that there were no bubbles in the system.

So what are we looking at here? Does ForScan handle this? Can we have anymore info on this process? I have all sorts of questions coming up on basic maintenance .

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that the system could be bled normally but to bleed the ABS it had to be put in the maintenance mode. Sounds like I may have it wrong.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where can we get basic step by step information for this type of stuff? All Data DYI doesn’t have our vehicles listed on the website but they weren’t really that good to begin with and even the All Data Pro wasn’t that great for my 08 wrangler. I want to be able to change my own diff fluids, transfer case, transmission, coolant, brake, spark plugs, throttle body cleaning ect….

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get everything from the factory service manual directly from Ford. Yes, it costs $21 for a 3-day pass, but you can grab all of what you need fairly easily and save it. I printed off just about every possible maintenance item I could think of. torque specs etc, it's all there. kind of a bargain for $21 to know you are servicing the truck correctly.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get everything from the factory service manual directly from Ford. Yes, it costs $21 for a 3-day pass, but you can grab all of what you need fairly easily and save it. I printed off just about every possible maintenance item I could think of. torque specs etc, it's all there. kind of a bargain for $21 to know you are servicing the truck correctly.

YES! This is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate this. I can easily screen capture exactly what I need for all of those jobs. It's worth a $21 gamble, for sure.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, that’s an awesome link to have.