Bought a WHIPPLE!! Looking for alittle advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So, I pick up a complete kit off of the local CL. Still kinda in shock I got one, I've been looking for a deal on one for the last 4 years.

I already ordered a 3.25 pulley, spark-plugs, o-ring kit, new belt, new air filter, and a JDM tune. I'm also going to look into some eBay electric fans for the base heat exchanger.

The blower itself has 20000 miles on it so I'm gonna let @jokerz take a look at it.

So I'm looking here for some advice from whipple owners. The shop that installed my headers (one man shop that builds race mustangs and owns a raptor) said he would do the install for $750 and throw it on the Dino for a number only pull. Do you guys think that is money well spent? I'm sure I could do it, and hate paying someone to do something I can do, but....... I hate wrenching!! And the other issue is, I'm still going to have to fab up some kind of brackets for the heat exchanger because I have a frame cut bumper so the supplied brackets won't really work.

Also, anything else I should be getting??

Any tips or tricks to installing the whipple or spark plugs??

The beast:

image_65.jpg

image_35.jpg

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn so you're the one who grabbed this before I could. Nice snag!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats. You're going to love it. I personally think $750 is a good deal on the install if the guy is qualified (sounds like he is) and it would be great to get that dyno pull so you know everything turned out right.

Keep us posted on the progress!

OP
OP
Crikk

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Well, I received my tune from JDM @JimIII@JDM earlier then expected. I should have the rest of the stuff I need, so I'm thinking me and a buddy might try to get this thing installed Sunday. Not for sure, but I'm thinkin about it. I WANNA GO FAST!!

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Whipple SC club. You're almost there can't wait to hear your thoughts after you hear that thing wine.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I received my tune from JDM @JimIII@JDM earlier then expected. I should have the rest of the stuff I need, so I'm thinking me and a buddy might try to get this thing installed Sunday. Not for sure, but I'm thinkin about it. I WANNA GO FAST!!

:biggrin: glad we could help push things along! Let us know how you like it!

JimIII