Bfg Km2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been doing research on my tires and I'm leaning toward the bfg km2's. I keep coming across info that the 35's are more like 33's and the 37's are like 35.5's. anyone have any input on this? I'm thinking of going 37 with mid perch on my method nv's. I know I know I have been reading all the tire does and don'ts. This question merely pertains to this specific tire.....I will lose it if I buy 35's and the they are smaller than the stockers. Thanks gents!

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been happy with my KM2's. Been on 2 runs so far including 600 miles in Death Valley and they've held up well. Very little chunking which plague's a lot of MT's.

As for fitting at mid perch, you're going to be out of luck. They are not 35.5, they're 36.8"s tall. Every tire manufacturer has a spec sheet which will tell you the actual size of the tires. Here's the KM2's: Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 | BFGoodrich Tires

I tried running 36's (which are a 35.5) with 0 offset wheels, and I've damaged my fenders. I did a lot of trimming which solved the problem for the street. However, once I took the truck to Death Valley and really started using the full suspension travel at speed it messed them up. Both my fenders are out of alignment and pushed up and the passenger side has a crack near the a piller from being shifted. I'm going to be ordering up the boatec fenders soon to remedy the issue.

If you were to run your stock wheels or a wheel with a stock off set, you could get away with it. E63 has a build thread and outlines how he was able to make it work. E63 was on the same run with me in Death Valley and had no issue with rubbing. It also helps that he's got Fox 3.0's because they keep the suspension from bottoming out like the stock 2.5's allow. The offset of of your methods would not work though.

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are going through a redesign --- mainly rubber compounds. The tire has virtually disappeared from the market. There is not even a projected dated for the roll out of the fix..

Know of one guy I work with who was some kind of pissed when he ruined one of his and there are no replacements! After he had them for a couple of weeks he likes the MTR's better anyway.

BFG has really put themselves behind the curve on this one!

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I just checked several websites and they are available plus I ordered a spare a month and a half ago and had no problem. Could you elaborate on why the need for a redesign and why they are behind the curve?