Best replacement for OEM speakers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubie

Reaction score
Which focal speakers would I need to pick up for the rear door panel speakers on a Gen 2 2018 B&O system? Have one blown out and rattling.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Which focal speakers would I need to pick up for the rear door panel speakers on a Gen 2 2018 B&O system? Have one blown out and rattling.
Welcome to FRF
Pictures, or it’s a prius.

If it’s just a stock stereo with nothing done, you’ll gain nothing by going aftermarket on the speaker(s) other than one less thing to do when you upgrade the rest of the system. Check out threads from @goblues38 in the gen2 audio forum for suggestions on modding the ’18+. Mine is a ’17, so Sony, not B&O

FWIW, my rear speakers are Pioneer 3 way, and do a great job for what’s needed - fill. I could replace them with better options but why? I have Focal components up front.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
#1 killer of speakers is distortion from being underpowered.
PREACH!!!!!

160 watts of clean power is way better then 6 watts of junk for any speaker. SQUARE WAVES kill speakers. you either know, or you don't know what a square wave is

the B&O amp delivers maybe 7 watts of power to each speaker....and the sub amp is maybe 50 watts

when I was doing my system, I got everything done but the speakers....so I ran my new amp and processor with 150 watts a channel through the stock door speakers and it sounded pretty good.