Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'm callin BS. They didn't complete a lap. The first TT was near them on lap 2 when we heard the call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They set times for the first lap, so yeah they did one. They should have been at mile 50 of the 2nd lap, though, before the call, so either they were slowly limping it around trying to finish, or attempted repair before making the call.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
So they finished the first lap as they started the TT's. That makes sense. How long did it take to do a lap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roughly 4:30. Timing shows him at mile 135 at 4:26:09

I'm not familiar with these races so someone else can comment, but if he stated at 6:30, he'd have finished the first lap around 11 and depending on pitstop time, should have been at mile 50 around what, 12:45 or 1:00? What time was the call made for the tow?

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if that front bumper got caved in and punched a whole in the radiator or intercooler. Seems ridiculous that they kept the stock bumper, approach angle is terrible, especially considering it's being raced.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
Serious question: Did the gen 1 truck have any serious issues while running Baja?

Yes. There's a documentary about it. They spent about 10 hours trying to fix it because the 6.2 engine wouldn't turn over after a test run. There were a could of other issues during the race