Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Greg is back in the office I`ll try to get more info out of him!

When you do, please Ask him this technical question (Verbatim):
In comparison to the 6.2, does the TTEco 3.5 sound like "wet ****** farts"?

(Use air quotes space permitting)

Just playing, don't say that!

Kudos and best of luck to the team tomorrow in Parker and in the series overall
(I expect to see them out there in Sept and maybe at the mint)

Last edited:

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how the truck looks and I think both a gen 1 and gen 2 will compliment each other quite nicely. If it's true that this truck was the only one racing in its class why the hell would you outfit it with upgraded springs and fox 3.0's that won't be from the factory? A lot of guys on here will upgrade their trucks to this setup that ford is racing with but if you're whole strategy is to show how much better this new truck is from the last one why not do it on factory parts? It is a stock truck with a cage but add $5k worth of suspension modifications and you got this thing lol

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

mike.s

Reaction score
They did the same thing with gen 1 when it ran the Baja 1000. Even worse. They had a bed cage with big ass shocks going thru the bed. Plus, they had other mods (cams, tune, exhaust).

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They did the same thing with gen 1 when it ran the Baja 1000. Even worse. They had a bed cage with big ass shocks going thru the bed. Plus, they had other mods (cams, tune, exhaust).

But was it in a class by itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mike.s

Reaction score
But was it in a class by itself?

No, I guess not. But what I'm saying is that neither truck was close to stock. It's too bad because it would be really cool to say that a stock truck plus some safety gear completed the race.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, I guess not. But what I'm saying is that neither truck was close to stock. It's too bad because it would be really cool to say that a stock truck plus some safety gear completed the race.

Sure but at least the gen 1 was actually involved in a race and made modifications to meet the class vs the gen 2 racing no one and modding for what reason?

mike.s

Reaction score
Sure but at least the gen 1 was actually involved in a race and made modifications to meet the class vs the gen 2 racing no one and modding for what reason?

Are you saying they put a bed cage with big ass shocks in the gen 1 because that was a class requirement?

My guess as to why they changed the shocks for both gen 1 and gen 2 is because they didn't feel confident that the stock shocks were good enough.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying they put a bed cage with big ass shocks in the gen 1 because that was a class requirement?

My guess as to why they changed the shocks for both gen 1 and gen 2 is because they didn't feel confident that the stock shocks were good enough.

No I'm saying the class they raced in, against other actual competitors, allowed that modification so of course they are going to make it as competitive as possible. Requirement and admissible are two entirely different things, you'd have to be a fool not to do everything you can get away with. For the gen 2, it's in its own class, so why bother?