Best drop for B&W Tow and Stow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONDOME

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. New to the forum and the truck community, wanted to see what are your opinions on the B&W Tow and Stow trailer hitch. Also what is the right drop to go with 24 Raptor R, and what is the height of hitch receiver from ground to top (inside receiver) ?

OP
OP
IRONDOME

IRONDOME

Reaction score
Thank you for the good advice Pastorwug. I went to the dealer and measured a 24 Raptor on 37” (guessing it should be same height as the R) and got about 24.75” from ground to top (inside receiver). If I am doing the right calculation I will need at least 5” drop, or maybe 7”

MFouts

Reaction score
The critical factor is what is the height of your trailer tongue????
Don't own an R so maybe I'm missing something.

OP
OP
IRONDOME

IRONDOME

Reaction score
I subtracted the height of trailer from the height of receiver and got 6.75”. I wanted to go with the 3” inch drop mostly because of the look. Will I be ok with 5” drop ?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you dont tow, you dont know n.....evermind

hitch weight. doesnt matter the drop until you have actually put the load on the ball. who cares if you measured a 7 inch drop. what if the hitch weight is 700lbs? what if its 2 wheel car dolly with 150lbs tongue weight? aftermarket rear springs? you need to go and figure that out yourself. asking here on a forum and you wont get the answers you need.

OP
OP
IRONDOME

IRONDOME

Reaction score
It’s a triton jet ski trailer. Don’t believe it has much weight to drop the truck. It’s currently being towed with a 17” height receiver and a 2” drop hitch and it looks about even

MFouts

Reaction score
If you can lift it by hand it is probably way less than 200lbs. even at 200 won't be much sag