Bed/Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TanneRd

Reaction score
I went with the bakflip MX4, so far it’s been pretty good. Not as water tight as I had hoped with the drains installed but does a pretty decent job keeping water out.

My main concern was if I could fit a quad in the back with the MX4 and today I finally had an opportunity to try it out. It’s a larger unit but it fits without touching the cover, just barely!

The atv is around 1200lbs and the bump stops were about 2-3 inches from bottoming out, lots of squat but it did just fine. I think if I went with the diamond back I would have exceeded the 1300lb payload capacity.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4769.jpeg
    IMG_4769.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4753.jpeg
    IMG_4753.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 99

asg0524

Reaction score
I went with the bakflip MX4, so far it’s been pretty good. Not as water tight as I had hoped with the drains installed but does a pretty decent job keeping water out.

My main concern was if I could fit a quad in the back with the MX4 and today I finally had an opportunity to try it out. It’s a larger unit but it fits without touching the cover, just barely!

The atv is around 1200lbs and the bump stops were about 2-3 inches from bottoming out, lots of squat but it did just fine. I think if I went with the diamond back I would have exceeded the 1300lb payload capacity.
Puttin a lot of faith in those tailgate cables!

TanneRd

Reaction score
Puttin a lot of faith in those tailgate cables!
Please educate me on that! My wife wondered the same thing but I scoffed like, “of course it could hold it”…you’re making me second guess now!

Attachments

• IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 41

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
I will join the group vouching for the MX4. I had one on my last F150 before I bought a Raptor and my first purchase once I took delivery was a new MX4 and a Bedrug.

asg0524

Reaction score
Please educate me on that! My wife wondered the same thing but I scoffed like, “of course it could hold it”…you’re making me second guess now!
Haha, I think it’s rated for something like 600+, which is probably plenty, and it probably shouldn’t be an issue, but some things are just built so poorly. I snapped a cable on an F150 many years ago, luckily somehow just one side went and I got off it quick enough so it didn’t fold completely open; I think there was always one cable a little shorter than the other, so the one was always under more stress than the other. It happened loading a bigger push lawnmower. I just don’t think I’d push my luck with this particular truck, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

TanneRd

Reaction score
Haha, I think it’s rated for something like 600+, which is probably plenty, and it probably shouldn’t be an issue, but some things are just built so poorly. I snapped a cable on an F150 many years ago, luckily somehow just one side went and I got off it quick enough so it didn’t fold completely open; I think there was always one cable a little shorter than the other, so the one was always under more stress than the other. It happened loading a bigger push lawnmower. I just don’t think I’d push my luck with this particular truck, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.
Noted for sure; not even something I considered in the grand scheme of things!

I just assumed if it fits; it sits! Thank you for this!

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1697687217689.jpegI have a BF MX4 and for my next truck was thinking of a retrax,why?
put boxes and they slide all over,to go all the way in the back,you have to open them,pretty heavy , a little a pain!just think a retrax will be easier?
i carry my bicycle and the wheel will fit perfectly under the can.
there is not the perfect situation,how often the can is taking the space that u need?

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Ford branded retrax cover and it’s great…. Put a bed rug in and now I have a place to sleep when my wife realizes what’s sitting in my shop!! Haha… …. But I have a Diamondback on one of my work trucks … they are very nice also but mine seems to keep 99% of the water out, but let’s a ton of dust in…