Bed Tie Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott1446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needing to come up with away to secure the spare tire and things in the bed for HITH and since this is my first off-road event I have not had to worry about that until now. I want to have something that I could leave in the bed but not get in the way when I am hauling something other than the spare tire and other 4 Wheeling cargo.

To accomplish this here is what I have done so far.

US Cargo Control
1 - PF6-4PK - Mounting Ring 2,500 Lbs.
(4 pack) Surface Mount Zinc Plated Rope Ring Tie Down
attachment.php

Fastenal
M12-1.75 x 110mm DIN 931 Class 8.8 Zinc Cap Screw (I was able to buy a package of 5)
M12-1.75 x 110mm DIN 931 Class 8.8 Zinc Cap Screw | Fastenal
attachment.php

To installed the 4 D-Ring mounting plates I needed to enlarge the holes in all 4 so the bolt would fit through (choose to replace bolts because of the size of the head and the larger diameter shaft by head of bolt).

For the 2 forward plates I had the trim off the sides to get them to be recessed in the groves of the bed.
attachment.php

Installing a couple of them was a little tricky because the replacement bolts did not have the extra on the end to align the clip under the bed. Solved this problem by having my wife start the bolt while I positioned the clip from underneath so the bolt would not cross thread. For now I am planning on taking a piece of angle iron and drilling 2 holes for the very front 2 tie downs (there is not enough room to use the same D-Ring mounting plates).

I already have plenty of ratchet straps.

Attachments

• Bolts.JPG
    Bolts.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 849
  • FrontTieDown.JPG
    FrontTieDown.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 794
  • RearTieDown.JPG
    RearTieDown.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 783

lathrash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at the lack of tie down areas. Your solution looks very useful and the installation looks like it could have come from the factory like that. Very nice.

Simms70

Reaction score
Having the same issue..

Is there an easy in expensive way to secure a spare to the bed without drilling or modifying the truck?

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys that are drilling holes in the truck, what are you using to prevent the bare metal in the newly drilled hole from corroding?

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I simply used 2 ratchet straps crossed in an X from the factory tie down rings. Never moved from dunes or time attack, still hasn't. $0