Bakflip VP vs F1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No arrogance from me...never called anyone a liar...just stating facts...check it out fir yourself. All is good with any product you want to buy.

Morrie

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Thanks for "coming out" as the President of Undercover, Or THI son. In any event we are competing with the Flex and what I have stated are facts not opinions. I know my competition and I knew you were an insider....just sayin

Morrie

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm the President's son...not trying to bash Bak, just simply saying Undercover produced a better product in my opinion, "just sayin..."

So what you are saying is that you are biased, and did not feel the need from the start to mention your relation to the producer of the product.

Just for the future, people will be more likely to listen to you and trust your opinion if you are honest from the start about where you are coming from.
If you would have stated who you were and your knowledge of the product I honestly think many people would have had questions for you that would help in making decisions on which product would work better for them.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No arrogance from me...never called anyone a liar...just stating facts...check it out fir yourself. All is good with any product you want to buy.

Morrie

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Thanks for "coming out" as the President of Undercover, Or THI son. In any event we are competing with the Flex and what I have stated are facts not opinions. I know my competition and I knew you were an insider....just sayin

Morrie

I was not aware that he had an inside agenda. My mistake, Morrie.

jmaimin

Reaction score
I'm the President's son...not trying to bash Bak, just simply saying Undercover produced a better product in my opinion, "just sayin..."

UnderCover Flex vs Competitor's - YouTube

Cameron,

Just to be clear, David Wells (if he is indeed your father) is liar and a thief. He was a good friend of mine until he stabbed me in the back and stole my BakFlip design that I worked on tirelessly to invent, design and patent with my father for many years. When I refused to sell my company (BAK) to your father and his new owners, he started to produce your Flex product (BakFlip rip-off), albeit an inferior product.

His underhanded endeavor put the lives of hundreds of American jobs and lives in jeopardy, cost us all millions in legal fees and has left a terrible stain on a once very respectable component of our industry.

Your relentless, tirless efforts to perpetuate his antics continue to cast a shaddow on not just our industry, but the truth that consumers are seeking in forums like this. If for no other reason that to please respect our consumers who are trying to make and informed and honest decision, STOP LYING! Just stop Cameron.

You can say what you want, but I know the real truth about your father's despicable behavior, his deceiptful actions during the time that he was courting me, his misleading of innocent consumers and his feable efforts to try and draw distinctions of superiority to an inferior product of yours, when in fact all the changes he's made are simply to try and dance around our patents. Unfortunatrely he hasn't succeeeded.

That is why BAK has sued undercover and your father for patent infringement.

Unfortunately, it would appear that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your perpetuation of your father's underhanded actions leaves me feeling really sorry for you. It's too bad that you had to learn from someone who's chosen to steal and produce slanted, deceiptful videos, rather than to innovate himself and sell on his own merits. What's particularly disturbing is how he uses his stolen product to mislead consumers and lie about the originator of the BakFlip to make yourself look better. It doesn't make you or your product look better Cameron, it only serves to prove the point that you choose to knock others in order to make yourslef look good. It's unethical, untrue and so very sad.

Showing a scratched up truck with a suggestion that a BakFlip causes this kind of damage is just a plain and outright lie. Demonstrating an old G2 cover, rather than comparing a new Fibermax or F1 cover next to your rip-off is deceiptful and misleading to our audience. You should be ashamed of your father. I certainly am.

Lastly, why don't you tell our audience how your cover has no weight baring edge on its rails, meaning that it can't hold much weight? Or how about the fact that various panels have different kinds of latches under them, because of feable attempts to circumvent our patents? Or how about the fact that you can't open the undercover fully from the passenger side? Maybe you conveniently left out how your covers are sagging because you have no aluminum substrate under them. Did you tell everyone how your hinges are shrinking and how your covers are leaking? I see not a single word about how your drainage tubes are half the size of BAK's and how they make use of cheap, off the shelf plumbing fixtures that look like you bought them at the home depot. I contacted your vendor about the fiberglass FRP you're using, and it turns out that it's not even UV protected. Needless to say, it's no wonder it's cheaper. Your seals and rubber components are thinner, your panels are lighter, your components are second rate, your functionality is lacking in all critical areas, your panels block the third drivers light when upright, and your covers can't handle much weight. Yet all this wasn't made mention of in your video, because your dad spent 80% of his time knocking a BakFlip that's 3 years old.

How convenient it must be to spend your time bashing BAK with your stolen crap.

One thing you'll never find is us out there talking about you. That's because we are market leaders, not followers, and that's simply why we make the BEST SELLING TONNEAU COVERS IN THE WORLD! Mercedes never uses a Hyundai in it's advertisements to prove how great it is.

Our quality speaks for itself. Naysayers like you will always end up second best, because you're not selling on your own strengths, but rather stealing from market leading innovators, and then choosing to spend your time bashing us as a centerpiece to your maketing efforts. How pathetic! I only hope our audience does a bit of real digging t reveal to themselves that I am telling the truth.

I personally couldn't care what you think. Your word, just like your lying, cheating, stealing father's, has little weight or gravity in the industry. The truth will set you free Cameron. One thing you'll learn in life is that you cannot go around stealing and lying and come out ahead. Eventually it'll catch up with you.

I have no agenda here other than to tell the truth, and I hope that our audience trusts and respects the fact that BAK has never stolen, lied or misrepresented itself ever, unlike you and you father.

Julian Maimin - President
BAK Industries

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5163034_ron.png

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sell both companies and both companies are great to deal with, the Bak F1 is a great product and we can't keep them in stock. It is one of the most popular items we sell, my customers are always happy with their decision. If you would like us to give you a price on either of them, PM me and I will send you some prices. ~Sara~