Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
This is very similar to bwmiller74's solution for lighting. I have the AUX 1 controlling the driving and wide corning light, AUX3 controls the spot.

Work has gotten very crazy lately but I will try to answer any questions you have.

AUX 6 in the ON position removes the auto-on with high beam activation and allows you to turn on via wired 1 and 3 switch.

Thank you for posting the schematic. I want to do something similar. I’ll post my layman’s schematic when I figure out how to post a picture without linking it via a 3rd party. I’ve got a good idea of how I want it to work, but i would appreciate some expert opinion to make sure I’m not going to back feed somewhere.

In short, I want the aux 1-4 switches to only activate the lights when the highbeams are on, or when another override tied to a different (aux 5) switch is activated.

I intend to do this by running aux 1-4 to pin 30 of 4 relays, and pin 87 to the lights. Then on a separate control relay, run the highbeam hot to pin 87a, aux 5 to pins 30 and 86, and then pin 87 to 86 on the the 4 light circuit relays.

EUttnKn

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/EUttnKn

Last edited:

Drew1204

Reaction score
Within the next month or so I will be going with the ADD PRO bumper which includes room for 7 squadron lights.

I am thinking of going with all PRO squadrons. I could do 3x Squadron Pro Spot and 4x Squadron Pro Combo / Driving or all combo / driving.

The 3 spots would in the middle and 2 combo / driving on each side for a total of 7 lights.

Would going with the 3 spots in the middle be better than going for all 7 being the driving combo?

I was thinking I would do the 3 spots on Aux 3 and the 4 combo / driving on Aux 2. Would that be ok? In the future I want to add an ADD chase rank which has room for the 50 inch OnX6 and I'm not sure which Aux the 50'' OnX6 would go to but want to plan ahead.

I am in AZ, so will be doing a bit of desert runs in the night probably no more than 60-80MPH. Also back road cruising when no one else is on the roads in the forest in flagstaff or Sedona and trails here around the valley.

If I go out with friends and have these lights and are all cruising together in separate trucks at night wouldn't I blind my friends? Or would I go first and lead or how does everyone handle that?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Within the next month or so I will be going with the ADD PRO bumper which includes room for 7 squadron lights.

I am thinking of going with all PRO squadrons. I could do 3x Squadron Pro Spot and 4x Squadron Pro Combo / Driving or all combo / driving.

The 3 spots would in the middle and 2 combo / driving on each side for a total of 7 lights.

Would going with the 3 spots in the middle be better than going for all 7 being the driving combo?

I was thinking I would do the 3 spots on Aux 3 and the 4 combo / driving on Aux 2. Would that be ok? In the future I want to add an ADD chase rank which has room for the 50 inch OnX6 and I'm not sure which Aux the 50'' OnX6 would go to but want to plan ahead.

I am in AZ, so will be doing a bit of desert runs in the night probably no more than 60-80MPH. Also back road cruising when no one else is on the roads in the forest in flagstaff or Sedona and trails here around the valley.

If I go out with friends and have these lights and are all cruising together in separate trucks at night wouldn't I blind my friends? Or would I go first and lead or how does everyone handle that?

you're going to want to add relays. The stock upfitter circuits are 15-15-10-10-5-5 ( amps respectively). A pair of squadron Pros on the 10A circuits would be fine, but 3 or 4 is pushing it. IIRC the squadron pros are 3A draw per. If you are going to put them on and leave them on, you may want to be conservative with how close to the rated maximums per circuit you go.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

That setup would be great! You've got the right idea as far as patterns go. As stated above, the wiring is a little custom but can easily be done. If you don't have the amp ratings required you will need a relay.

Cruising in a group can be blinding for multiple reasons. Dust being the primary reason. Staying in front is always best for minimal dust. Otherwise you have to run your lights accordingly. This usually means turning off a set or two in poor conditions.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it will. it would be pretty easy to make an adapter bracket our of angle aluminum though.

On a side note, yesterday I learned that SVC now has mounting tabs for the Baja bumper to accomodate the OnX6 straight bars and will have them for the arc series soon as well.