Auto Octane tune for gen 3!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this be equal to the COBB/Goosetune success rate of most dealers not detecting when it’s removed or simply not caring. I am curious because obviously COBB requires unlocking the ECU where this does not, so I assume the process is also different in the flashing?

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this be equal to the COBB/Goosetune success rate of most dealers not detecting when it’s removed or simply not caring. I am curious because obviously COBB requires unlocking the ECU where this does not, so I assume the process is also different in the flashing?

Flashing back to stock is a 5-10min process. super simple

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flashing back to stock is a 5-10min process. super simple
I figured the flashing is quick, more curious about warranty claim issues once flashed back to stock. Goosetune has a long history of customers not having warranty repairs denied. I assume with flashing this tune, key cycles are necessary just like using the COBB. I loved my custom goosetune on my 17 but really not wanting to pull and ship my ECU.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured the flashing is quick, more curious about warranty claim issues once flashed back to stock. Goosetune has a long history of customers not having warranty repairs denied. I assume with flashing this tune, key cycles are necessary just like using the COBB. I loved my custom goosetune on my 17 but really not wanting to pull and ship my ECU.

I haven’t had any warranty work done, but i would assume the same key cycle stuff would be a good idea before going in.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have no knowledge of warranty claims being denied utilizing these tunes. We’ve had our gen 2 on it for probably 50-60k miles now with an extended warranty with no issues including phasers. My gen 2 ran it and went in for warranty once and I reflashed stock the night before.

The “safest” for warranty would be the JB4 we carry which doesnt flash the ecu at all thus its not detectible. However you wont get any trans tuning. Overall though we’ve seen no issues with the SCT device reflash.