Anyone considering a Ranger Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah that's what I'm afraid of - but it's just me in the truck 99% of the time, so smaller is fine really.
Yea, ranger Raptor vs no Raptor, ranger wins every time.
I think you'd be happy with it. If we didn't have a child on the way, I was more than ready to ditch my Gen 2 in favor of the Ranger.
VS what???
Regular Raptor, well yea!! F150 Raptor is king, f150 also weighs more and is bigger over all so needs more suspension.

VS a Regular ranger, well that is just retarded.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, is anyone else considering the RR? 405HP in a 500lbs less truck seems not too shabby to me :p

Yes! I've owned a '17 and '22 F150 Raptor. Best trucks I've ever owned. However, for the work I do (mountain SAR), I found myself using an older Toyota 4Runner (2" lift) for many rescues. It's simply a smaller vehicle, easier to get down narrow trails/park on narrow roads, and it's the exact right size for my gear. However, the Toyota is a slow dog next to the raptor....and the suspension is crap in comparison too. I think the Ranger Raptor might be perfect. Fun, fast and just the right size. I'm seriously considering it.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you dont do a lot of rock crawling, just drop / lower your raptor a couple of inches. You will still have the truck you love!!!!!
I mean, I guess that is an option... I officially tried to get the truck in the garage at the condo - will not fit, debate about that is over. I was secretly hoping it would, but it won't. I have been reading reviews and watching vids on the RR and the more I see, the more I think I like it. I still have a while before I need to do anything though.

TrailRunner

Reaction score
This thread has been informative.

Def considering the Ranger Raptor since I've been looking at upgrading to a Gen 2 for a while now. My primary concern relates to giving up the interior space, but like most folks, it's only me in the truck 90% of the time.

Then again, also considering the Jeep Gladiator because taking the doors off and dropping the left leg out of your vehicle is sooooooooooo satisfying.... coming from a 2003 wrangler owner.

I'll probably wait to decide once we see what aftermarket support is available in a year or two. In the meantime I have two vehicles that I absolutely love for different reasons.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have to admit...
The couple ranger Raptors I saw at the dunes last weekend seemed to scoot around pretty well.
You could tell the Braptors and Rangers were lighter weight and more "nimble" on top of the sand.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread has been informative.

Def considering the Ranger Raptor since I've been looking at upgrading to a Gen 2 for a while now. My primary concern relates to giving up the interior space, but like most folks, it's only me in the truck 90% of the time.

Then again, also considering the Jeep Gladiator because taking the doors off and dropping the left leg out of your vehicle is sooooooooooo satisfying.... coming from a 2003 wrangler owner.

I'll probably wait to decide once we see what aftermarket support is available in a year or two. In the meantime I have two vehicles that I absolutely love for different reasons.
Jeep is never on my radar, do not want.
Have to admit...
The couple ranger Raptors I saw at the dunes last weekend seemed to scoot around pretty well.
You could tell the Braptors and Rangers were lighter weight and more "nimble" on top of the sand.
Well the RR is ~500lbs lighter (should have been more but they used steel door panels...)