Any chance braking pressure has been altered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound completely insane, but is it at all possible my truck is braking harder than it used to due to an update? It's a 2023 with 26k miles on it that I bought new. I'm pretty in tune with how it drives. Lately, maybe the past week or so, I swear it's stopping harder than it used to with equal amounts of pressure applied. It really stood out to me this morning.

Absolutely likely that it's in my head, but its felt noticeable enough that I figured its worth asking.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The newer vehicles can fully apply the brakes themselves- so there's a chance they could do something via a programming update. Taking up the slack between the pads and rotor is something they could add for example that would make it feel more responsive. $$$$$$$$ cars have been doing that for years.

I doubt they would though. Once the software for the brake system is validated, they won't touch that unless absolutley necessary.

OP
OP
ekalb

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously anecdotal, but I did ask the same question on a Raptor FB group and there seem to be a few others noticing it as well.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 1.15.44 PM.png

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Funny you bring this up. Mine feels like what you are describing. This started 2-3 weeks ago. I chalked it up to not having driven it for a week while out of town.

OP
OP
ekalb

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you bring this up. Mine feels like what you are describing. This started 2-3 weeks ago. I chalked it up to not having driven it for a week while out of town.
Interesting. Yeah, thinking back, I'm guessing I first noticed it around then. I drove around a ton today and I think it's most pronounced under 5MPH coming to a stop, but I definitely notice it to some degree at all times.