Any 2012's delivered w/ spray-in yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nogm4me

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards are painted with the same material. I hope these pictures work. Dave

bedliner014.jpg

bedliner013.jpg

bedliner012.jpg

bedliner011.jpg

bedliner010.jpg

bedliner009.jpg

bedliner008.jpg

bedliner007.jpg

bedliner006.jpg

bedliner005.jpg

bedliner004.jpg

bedliner003.jpg

bedliner002.jpg

bedliner001.jpg

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good! Just a little surprised they sprayed over your tie downs and bed bolts. I guess that's the dif between man and machine. Very clean edges though, congrats!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great. Although, I agree about preferring that the tie downs and bed bolts not be sprayed over. Definitely clean lines and even coverage as well.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really good! Just a little surprised they sprayed over your tie downs and bed bolts. I guess that's the dif between man and machine. Very clean edges though, congrats!

Its impossible to get to the torque spec with the coating underneath the washer. The co-efficient of friction during the rundown causes a problem... There are so many factors going on there. The heat generated on the bearing surface, noise and it wont hold torque the bed will move...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its impossible to get to the torque spec with the coating underneath the washer. The co-efficient of friction during the rundown causes a problem... There are so many factors going on there. The heat generated on the bearing surface, noise and it wont hold torque the bed will move...
But if you want an aftermarket bed cage, which ALL use the factory bed bolts, that will be a huge pain in the ass. If it's as tough as Linex, that will be nearly impossible to get a proper Torx bit into the bolt at that point...

I agree that it would NOT be preferred to have them sprayed over. Torque on the bed bolts is NOT a big deal, and is easy to check every so often. Mine was done this way, and each time I check them, I never have any slop or loose bolts.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lazy bastards could have taken out the bedbolts, and tiedowns. the torque specs are somewhat irrelevant. some of the trucks we spray have loose bolts, and some tight. all from the factory. yall should also know, these beds arent sanded, they are shot with an adhesion promoter, then sprayed.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that that's how it's done at the factory or that's how line-x does it?

this is how ford does them. we sand and clean every bed. new or used. we have tried that adhesion promoter before. i wasnt impressed. they are doing the same steps dodge and toyota are. they all use adhesion promoter.

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here is a pic of my Line-x with the bed bolts removed. They did not spray line-x under the washers so there shouldn't be a problem with the bed bolts holding tight. Not sure how they did it.

a6cd0a7d-326d-ee08.jpg