GEN 2 Aluminum bed floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory liner comes out pretty easily it seems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Speaking of bed liners and line-x, has anyone seen the YouTube video of the guy that buys a new Ford with factory liner and has it taken out to get Line-x'd.

Wow, didn't know that Line-X does that. Need to check into that.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find! Also pretty cool as that line-x location is near us... believe that's the prairie grove IL location

Line-x vs factory liner is kind of no brainer unless the buyer wanted to roll the cost into the loan vs outright

Last edited:
OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently there's another chevy commercial showing them jumping up and down on the bed and it starts deforming. Can't seem to find.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of bed liners and line-x, has anyone seen the YouTube video of the guy that buys a new Ford with factory liner and has it taken out to get Line-x'd.

Thanks for posting this video. I was on the fence about ordering Ford's OEM spray-on liner vs. having Line-X applied after I take delivery of the truck. However, this video makes my decision easy, I'll be getting Line-X. I've had Line-X on a few trucks in the past, it always held up well.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford trucks have been #1 all these years because of farmers, ranchers and construction workers. They will not stay with a truck that can't stand up to punishment. I've yet to see one of their trucks where the bed hasn't been beat to hell. They can't afford a delicate expensive truck bed. If Ford does not correct this, it will hurt sales.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford trucks have been #1 all these years because of farmers, ranchers and construction workers. They will not stay with a truck that can't stand up to punishment. I've yet to see one of their trucks where the bed hasn't been beat to hell. They can't afford a delicate expensive truck bed. If Ford does not correct this, it will hurt sales.

Aluminum bed has been out for 2 years now and the f150 is still the best selling truck on the market. Chevy is creating artificial "panic" over aluminum.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chevy testing is enough to hurt sales. If people are on the fence that would give them the decider.

The power of marketing is certainly strong. Most people will never use a truck bed for a load of rocks and certainly not dropped from a front-end loader. The tool-box is a more likely scenario but who really uses a metal tool-box anymore? Lastly, a Line-x liner will give the bed quite a bit of protection and also strengthen the box. Certainly an option that anyone that plans on using their truck like this should think about, steel or aluminum.