Airborne Raptors! JUMP Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So is the shock mount breaking with the ICONs due to the notching required to get them to fit during installation? That mount is not very beefy to begin with. Perhaps someone will design and market a better mount?

was it the lower or the upper mount that broke?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's an entertaining ICON 3.0 "testing" video in winter conditions - PirateAir style. No big hills in that location, but horsing around he does manage to just get the wheels off the ground anyway

SVT Raptor ICON 3.0 - YouTube

Congrats on joining our merry band of FRF Jumpers! PirateAir is one of our legacy jumpers and has been testing his Raptor since the early days.

His original jumping video from a few years ago is on page 14 of this thread "SVT Ford Raptor 6.2L Part II"

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's an entertaining ICON 3.0 "testing" video in winter conditions - PirateAir style. No big hills in that location, but horsing around he does manage to just get the wheels off the ground anyway

SVT Raptor ICON 3.0 - YouTube

Congrats on joining our merry band of FRF Jumpers! PirateAir is one of our legacy jumpers and has been testing his Raptor since the early days.

His original jumping video from a few years ago is on page 14 of this thread "SVT Ford Raptor 6.2L Part II"
this is page 14.....

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Page 14 for computers and most smartphone browsers. Page 7 for you Tapa Talkers (Post # 137)

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

yeah hard to say. i have the directions from the ICON rears too and they say nothing about removing metal from where that mount broke. doubt it's related...

I thought I saw a discussion regarding ICON 3.0 install issues somewhere before... Is there a way to install them without doing all this?.....

From Greg's Black Widow Suspension thread:

Install wise can be done in the driveway with a cutoff wheel or dremel to slightly modify rear spring mount and coil bucket..

How much do you have to trim off the spring bucket and rear shock mount? I have seen pics but it's hard to tell a relative size.

Very minimal the coil bucket was half of a dime to nickel size relief to clear reservoir hose.

The rear hangers WSI relieved about quarter of an inch.. And it is really difficult to notice. I will get pictures during the day.

I was leary of cutting and grinding on coil bucket and shock mounts that is why I had WSI do it.. And I am glad I had him do it, because I would have just notched it out. WSI said any sharp angles would cause stress cracks, to do a smooth radius to stop any cracks from forming.

Since I smacked the heck out of driver side lower mount enough to bend it. I talked to him about making some gussets to strengthen up the rear shock mounts. Again not something that is required, but seeing how bad i messed up stock ones, it brings piece of mind..

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is the shock mount breaking with the ICONs due to the notching required to get them to fit during installation? That mount is not very beefy to begin with. Perhaps someone will design and market a better mount?

WSI has something planned to beef up that area.. We discussed it when he was installing my ICONs... Basically a doubling plate that encapsulates the upper mount..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nine is quite the fine number - of those who deserve recognition for jumping and joining.

Bigg50 (CA) - seen here playing in the sand and jumping those Pismo dunes with friends
FRF- Raptor Run - Pismo Beach - YouTube
se7uteru.jpg

BlueSVT (CA) - nice launch by this longtime veteran of hardcore desert Raptor Expeditions
Raptor Jump (Lake Cuddyback) - YouTube

CAbimmer (TX) - seen here in a recent jump at that sweet DFW tabletop
utaqesu2.jpg

Conejoracer (CA) - best street jump caught on film. Ya don't realize just how fast he's going until he flies by with the camera trying to keep up
ryrunuba.jpg

Raptor jump 2 - YouTube

cparksjr (MI) - awesome supercharged Rap playing in the dunes with cool sand paddle tires
utety5e6.jpg

I'm going to be needing some of those sweet paddles before I hit the dunes next time! He says you can just send off some old tires and get sand paddle retreads!
apyha6y8.jpg

5e8e9a3u.jpg

IHaveGas (CA) - blew up his entire cooler full of beverages with this nice Red Bull jump
7aja6ejy.jpg

ISurvive (CO) - without a doubt our best lit Raptor in the air
aju4y4yp.jpg

SVT 4X4 (TX) - the first 2013 Rap to get off the ground, before even making his first payment. Balls!
asy4a7ap.jpg

TurfTamer (CO) - showing how to get it done, launches it on the awesome VORE short course
6evy6uhu.jpg

Congrats guys. Single largest addition of names to date, and a nice representation from all over the country. Don't forget to add a few pics in the member area for browsers to appreciate:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/groups/airborne-raptors/

Keep those awesome jumps coming! :favorites13:

Last edited: