Aftermarket Key/Keyfob Combo With Flipout Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
This has to be one of more unique mods I've done to a vehicle. I was searching eBay and randomly came across this product that makes it look more "updated", especially for us 2010 Raptors. For $26 you'll get new fob, blank key and instructions for programming the key and fob. $3 to cut the key and about 10min of time to program both. Now my stock keys and fobs can go in the safe and never have to worry about losing them.

Unique New Ford Flip Key Remote Combo Keyless with Chip | eBay

I went to Walmart to get the key cut and they claimed they can cut a transponder key when I pointed out they SELL transponder keys. Guy tells me it's $30-$60 to do it when I again have to point out I already have mine and just need it straight up cut. He claimed he couldn't do it so I went next day to locksmith place and they cut it for me, no issues.

FYI this is not the only combo they had on eBay, they had a few different style flip out keys as well as even some other combos that look similar to the 2011-up keys. It was a hard choice, but I went with the flip out key over a stock looking one mainly because I think it'd fit in my pocket better.

IMG_7737_zps6635083e.jpg
IMG_7763_zps2a9cc842.jpg
IMG_7764_zps7b2b2230.jpg

Instructions, just to share
20130301_182629_zps35caee59.jpg
20130301_182649_zps015f7c80.jpg

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Nice! Didn't know that you guys had the 'old school' ford keys. Like the flip out key looks very nice.

Yeah unfortunately we do. It's not bad, but I think the flip out key is pretty cool and similar in feel and weight to my wife's stock flip out on her new Terrain. If I never messed with hers prior to it, I'd gone with the 2011-up look-alike key/fob combo. But the flip out is kind of nice and convenient

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Does remote start still work? Was that on the 2010's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wasn't on the 2010's. I'd assume if you got similar key for 2011-up, it would have remote start button and should work just like power locks, panic, etc.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Here you go, they make it for 2011-up!

Ford ALLIN1 Switchblade Flip Transponder Chip Keyless Entry Key Remote Free Prog | eBay

Also just for kicks, here's all the other options for different style key fob combos
2011 ford flip key | eBay

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Also mine came from US vendor so I had it in 4 days.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only issue is that the 4-button key fob (including remote start) doesn't have a chip in it so you'd have to hack apart one of your stock keys to be able to program this key or buy another chip to put in the new key. I wouldn't want to do this and lose my remote start.