Advice on ARB Dual Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m seeking your input to see if I’m over thinking my situation and making it more difficult for myself.

I installed the ARB dual compressor behind the rear seat. There is a T-fitting to allow a hose to run to the couplers mounted on each side of the rear seat.

IMG_0856.jpeg

The issue I’m having is the plastic hose keeps popping out of the T-fitting. I make sure the hose is inserted far enough to where you can hear it click but it will only stay in place for a few seconds. Wife hates having to hold the hose in the t-fitting because it gets pretty damn hot. She‘ll kill me if I ask her to hold the hose the next time I use it.

I ordered the reinforced hose along with the JIC 4 Adapter T thinking this would be an easy solution.

IMG_0991.jpeg

Unfortunately, the T adapter doesn’t fit in the compressor because the outlet is an NPT fitting. Looking online, I have not been able to source a Male NPT to female JIC 4 adapter for this adapter Tee to screw into.

This is where my head is at…

1) figure out a solution to keep utilizing the plastic hoses. Any suggestions?
2) continue my hunt for for a Male NPT to Female JIC 4 adapter.
3) source a male 1/4 NPT adapter Tee with two female JIC 4 outlets.

Option 1 sounds like the easiest?

TIA.

Steve

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure what your looking for but thinking you are looking for something like…
1720092975821.png

OR
1720093009681.png

But in any case… if you haven’t already… go looking on the McMaster-Carr App or website. Not cheap but high quality and you’ll find everything. I bought a number of unique items for my dual compressor install and pneumatic bait cannon project. Very handy to figure out exactly what you need even if you go elsewhere to buy it.
1720093412065.jpeg

OP
OP
MeFryRice

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure what your looking for but thinking you are looking for something like…
View attachment 459365

OR
View attachment 459366

But in any case… if you haven’t already… go looking on the McMaster-Carr App or website. Not cheap but high quality and you’ll find everything. I bought a number of unique items for my dual compressor install and pneumatic bait cannon project. Very handy to figure out exactly what you need even if you go elsewhere to buy it.
View attachment 459367

Man, that first one is spot on. Thank you very much!

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding the right sizes for the perfect fit is often the challenge. The 2nd item may also work to get you off the compressors to a different adapter/splitter. It can be done with more or less creativity, lol. Good luck.