Adding Ambient lighting to your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always liked the ambient lighting in the Ford vehicles that you could choose from several different colors to illuminate the cab area at night and thought it would be a great addition to the Raptor. I started with a base ambient lighting kit and then ordered a light ring from a platinum edition F-150 to splice into the kit's wiring. I am really happy with the way it turned out.

100_0163.jpg

100_0164.jpg

Started by removing the cosole completely. You likely would not have to do this but it made the install much easier. I mounted the lighting control module supplied in the kit up under the center stack, directly below the radio and then fed the wiring to the appropriate areas.

100_0165.jpg

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100_0166.jpg

Then drilled and trimmed the center console bezel for the switch.

100_0169.jpg

100_0176.jpg

These are the light rods that mount up under the driver and passenger footwells.

100_0177.jpg

100_0178.jpg

100_0185.jpg

Power and ground can easily be accessed at the passenger side near the SJB.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100_0187.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0204-1.jpg

100_0205.jpg

These pics are really hard to take and get you the full effect. I had to cover the flash for them to come out and some are a little blurry. There are seven different colors and I really like the way it came out. Hope you enjoy and PM me if you would like part numbers envolved. It is a bit off a pricy mod at around $600.00 for the parts (retail)

FSM

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool looking mod. I have a Taurus SHO with ambient lighting already installed. Looks great.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really great mod and I appreciate you posting it with the pics!

If you could continue this thread and post up the part numbers and step-by-step I'm sure many others will appreciate it.

More info and details on how you removed the console would be very helpful too.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave it to Dan........always wanting more!!! HaHa!! Okay.......Ambient lighting kit part no. is 8L3Z-13E700-AA and retails for $210.00 The light ring can be purchased seperately however you will need more than just the light ring. I had to purchase the entire console bezel from a platinum edition truck because the cupholder with the light ring is three pieces and the two additional cupholder pieces cannot be purchased seperately. The console cover I purchased was part no. AL3Z-14045A76-CA and retails for $360.00. Hence the reason for the additional cost. (by the way, I have a REALLY nice woodgrain console cover, dark walnut and chrome trim, for the low,low price of $50.00 if anyone is interested...........:) ) As far as removing the console, it really is not that difficult, but definitely believe it is not necessary after doing the install. Refer to the thread by xjrguy about removing the console bezel and you will have all you need. The wiring is very straight forward as there is only a B+ and a ground to connect. Both can be made at the right footwell and the directions to locate the B+ wire at the SJB are very clear in the kit above.

FSM

halcyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in this mod......couple questions:

I read on the " other " forum about the 4 LEDs for the footwells..Did you run those to the back of the raptor console for the rear footwells?

If so, how difficult and do you have pics?

Can you elaborate on hole diameters for the switch and leds?...or should I just start small and bore until I hit paydirt? ;p

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Halcyon, I did extend the harness with the LED's in it to reach the back of the console when I spliced in the light ring. I haven't got around to routing them to the rear of the console yet so they are just lighting the interior of my console at the moment. I just started small with the hole for the switch and worked it up until I got what I needed. The hole diameter for the LED's is given in the instructions. Hope that helps.

FSM

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool mod! I like the fact that's it's oem, things is though...600 dollars and I'm still not clear how exactly everything goes...I'm stubborn and I'm a detail freak...if wire a goes to wire b...how and why lol