Addictive desert designs bumpers and chase rack-24 R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to do ADD bumpers, chase racks and some new wheels on my truck. Was thinking about the stealth fighter design but am not necessarily fully sold on it yet. There is also a chase rack but I also want to use my tonneau cover; is that even possible? What are the cons to adding bumpers to the truck that I may not know. I’m also considering lighting on top, maybe a row of KCs. Can someone whit experience help me to choose please. Thanks!

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey there, we have a fair bit of experience with all of this.

Lets start with bumpers, overall theres no bumper cons besides picking one honestly. The ACC relocation is a smooth process and the ADD bracket is easy to align and maintain that sensor. Your front parking sensors move to the new bumper. Youll also just need lights to fill that 40” gap in the bumper.

The ADD chase rack is nice. We’ve done a few recently but do know under off-road use it can cause stress on the bed of the truck and potentially could damage your bed sides. As for the bed cover, it would likely require modification to fit with the chase rack.

Were you looking at lights on the chase rack or near the windshield? Have you looked into Baja Designs lights at all?

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there, we have a fair bit of experience with all of this.

Lets start with bumpers, overall theres no bumper cons besides picking one honestly. The ACC relocation is a smooth process and the ADD bracket is easy to align and maintain that sensor. Your front parking sensors move to the new bumper. Youll also just need lights to fill that 40” gap in the bumper.

The ADD chase rack is nice. We’ve done a few recently but do know under off-road use it can cause stress on the bed of the truck and potentially could damage your bed sides. As for the bed cover, it would likely require modification to fit with the chase rack.

Were you looking at lights on the chase rack or near the windshield? Have you looked into Baja Designs lights at all?
Appreciate the feedback! I haven’t looked at those. I was interested in the kc pro6 lights, potentially on some sort of roof rack that isn’t super big. Still at the early stages of the process and just looking around.
Would a winch fill the gap on the bumper if i put lights above? I don’t think i need lights below and up top necessarily. I really liked the kc m rack with 360 lighting but it seems to be discontinued. Ill take a look at Baja designs.