650 miles - CV busted - normal driving all on road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
I don’t want a lemon law - I just want my truck to work.

They have me in a bs rental. I’m going to tell them I need a rental of similar type. I’m in a v6 convertible mustang with 30k miles. Hardly a comparable car to my raptor.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score

They have me in a bs rental. I’m going to tell them I need a rental of similar type. I’m in a v6 convertible mustang with 30k miles. Hardly a comparable car to my raptor
What would be comparable? Another Raptor? They are not going to take a new Raptor and let you roll around in it for 2 months while waiting--sorry. The rental is coming from dealer not Ford.

Like others said -- your truck 'works'--you can drive it home from the dealer today but you won't. Fine, then take what they give you as a rental and wait. What are we all missing here?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a funny thread. I don’t mean to make light of it. Just sayin. Some here say they ran trucks for many miles with torn boot.

Heck, I owned a 2009 Yamaha 700cc Grizzly. I sold it in perfect working condition in 2019. Used it for trails and snow plowing.

And I NEVER, EVER, not even once changed the oil or anything else for that matter. lol.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

They have me in a bs rental. I’m going to tell them I need a rental of similar type. I’m in a v6 convertible mustang with 30k miles. Hardly a comparable car to my raptor.
dang... i thought they stopped making the v6 mustangs.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 388581

Little duct tape and zip ties is what you need!
the repair lasted 400 miles of prerunning for the Baja 1000 plus the drive back from La Paz!
I witnessed some crazy sh it cross the finish line over the years. Like a ProTruck with a radiator leak that had kibble (dog food) poured inside it to slow the leak. "It ain't crazy if it works"!