40 "Rigid RDS Light Bar Mounted On The Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you say again? If you go back and look at John Baker's picture, his bar is cutting off almost half the forward camera while yours looks less than 20%. Both of you are using the rigid rds 40.

Or can you post a side shot so I can see exactly where you mounted it on the bumper?

I was under the impression his bar was a trailfx brand. We mounted ours in his same mounting spot per his install pics. Here is a side pic.

Attachments

• 20170225_065402-800x600.jpg
    20170225_065402-800x600.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 555

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression his bar was a trailfx brand. We mounted ours in his same mounting spot per his install pics. Here is a side pic.

My bad, you could be right - I just assumed Rigid for him.

Yours is definitely the Rigid 40" midnight RDS, right?

Looks much better both the midnight and how little camera is lost.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad, you could be right - I just assumed Rigid for him.

Yours is definitely the Rigid 40" midnight RDS, right?

Looks much better both the midnight and how little camera is lost.

Yes mine is rigid rds midnight

Chitoy69

Reaction score

Very nice....Were you able to utilize both mounting holes from the bracket to the bumper? By the picture it looks like the bottom of the bracket sticks out a little for the other bolt to be mounted into the bumper

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice....Were you able to utilize both mounting holes from the bracket to the bumper? By the picture it looks like the bottom of the bracket sticks out a little for the other bolt to be mounted into the bumper

It's only using one bolt hole per side

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that doesn't look as bad in the camera view. Either the bar isn't as thick or they are mounted in slightly different positions.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see some night shots of that 40" RDS midnight! Hook me up please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a Bulldog 40" radius bar on the bumper with blind mounts that are pretty slick, will post pics tomorrow. The light is 3" deep so it stays pretty tucked. I haven't seen much talk about these lights here, they are all 'Merica, well made, and bright as ****.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
every light ive seen says 42" when the mounts. is this the same as what everyone else is using?