2023 Used Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjh1313

Reaction score
I wanted to get the expert's opinion. Looking at this one that is for sale

Been looking for a 24 relatively local with 37 with not much luck. Concerned as this one appears to have aftermarket lights in the grill and some kind of remote by shift lever.

MFouts

Reaction score
I might hold out and expand your search for a new. If you are already willing to spend 80k why now get new for 10k more, no miles and you know no one has abused it.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights look like they are good quality lights and installations. The mileage seems a bit high, but they could be mostly highway miles. I'd want to know what the remote is for, and verify the quality of the wiring of any accessories. I'd definitely consider it, but I'd also work on the price. Do some research and it could turn out to be a good deal in the end.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might hold out and expand your search for a new. If you are already willing to spend 80k why now get new for 10k more, no miles and you know no one has abused it.
A new 37 will cost around 15K more, without an ADM. I prefer new, but there are some babied Raptors out there. With some research he may find this to be one of them.

Punkur67

Reaction score
When I was looking tired go the used route I had the dealers send me detailed pictures of the undercarriage and skid plate. I scratched several off my list that had scraped up skid plates

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
@Turning Blue has hit this one over the center field fence.
80k will put you into a ’24 35” truck. Mileage is on the high side.

I agree, the lights look like baja designs, good stuff. I’d get a carfax/oasis report to check on the service history. look for visits for charging issues, battery, shocks and whatever else the Jen Tres crew says to look out for.

Get a good test drive: make sure the shocks aren’t making tons of noise. Not 10-15 minutes, be in the truck for at least an hour at varying speeds and test everything.

OP
OP
S

sjh1313

Reaction score
The lights look like they are good quality lights and installations. The mileage seems a bit high, but they could be mostly highway miles. I'd want to know what the remote is for, and verify the quality of the wiring of any accessories. I'd definitely consider it, but I'd also work on the price. Do some research and it could turn out to be a good deal in the end.

THank you very much for the reply. The dealer stated the remote was for AL Priorty parking system. Seems unusual but maybe radar detector related.

I am going to head there tomorrow and take a long test drive and get it on the lift to take a look below.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THank you very much for the reply. The dealer stated the remote was for AL Priorty parking system. Seems unusual but maybe radar detector related.

I am going to head there tomorrow and take a long test drive and get it on the lift to take a look below.
You're welcome. Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

OP
OP
S

sjh1313

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the great advice. I put on a lift (no sraped up skid plates at all). Took for a very long test drive and had a separate PPI. It is CPO as well (not sure that means much with Ford though).

It appears it was mostly highly mileage and was traded in on an R.

I took the plunge and picked up today. It was great on highway on way back. My trade in got 37.4 on the trip there...I got a little less on the return trip.....GTI Raptor.jpg