2022 Raptor with Basic F-150 Tailgate???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpanamera

Reaction score
IMG_0837.jpegHello All: First post, long time reader. 2022 Raptor: Why the F-150 Tailgate??? I am considering this Raptor and the dealership tells me it was because of Covid supply chain issues and certain Raptors were delivered with the standard F-150 tailgate in lieu of the correct Raptor appliqué one.

Is this accurate?
Can I easily retrofit it with the correct appliqué, to the existing tailgate?
If so, for approx. how much would you say?

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The very base base base model raptors have a normal tailgate with the Raptor badge. I technically had to pay extra for the Raptor appliqué. However, I don’t believe it has that F-150 logo on it, just the normal ford oval. You would probably need a whole new tailgate swap.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is correct. It was due to COVID supply chain issues and could affect any Raptor, not just basic ones.

It is not easy to “add” the appliqué to this tailgate. It has been done before here but required customization. The original is clipped in but if you retrofit it you will have to cut off tabs and glue it. The best solution is the appliqué tailgate but is is very expensive (~$3k)

OP
OP
J

jpanamera

Reaction score
The very base base base model raptors have a normal tailgate with the Raptor badge. I technically had to pay extra for the Raptor appliqué. However, I don’t believe it has that F-150 logo on it, just the normal ford oval. You would probably need a whole new tailgate swap.
Thank you! I suspect something more went on here. The truck isn’t base, has the 801A, Blue Recaros, etc. It is awfully odd; otherwise the truck is rad. I don’t need the extra $1000-$1500 in replacement costs or the aggravation either.

On top of it, the prior owner accentuated the F-150 with some sort of mirrored letter inserts!

Attachments

• IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6329.jpeg
    IMG_6329.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 0