2019 Raptor Intelligent access installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Sarno

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and I’d like to add Intelligent access and push to start button (with remote start) versus using a key to start the truck. Anyone done this before? I’d like to use Ford OEM parts (plug and play module) and I have already purchased the NEW PEPS Fobs with a remote start button, but still need to go to the dealer to have them programmed and the internal keys cut.

I have also seen here that all newer model cars and trucks already come with the module and it’s just a matter of programming by the dealer to turn them on, but I have not verified this.
Any help from someone who has it done would be much appreciated. The two dealers in my area seemed bothered I was inquiring...like I was wasting their time. Heaven forbid they actually want to improve the product they’re selling and representing.
Thanks, I’ll take my money someplace else.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealers do not want to get involved with modifying factory components, and understandably so. Ford has released multiple service messages indicating that no attempts to should be made to add equipment that the vehicle was not built with unless there is a Ford Accessory kit available.

Intelligent Access w/ push button start is a completely different system than the standard key start system. Your truck will not be equipped with the door handle antennas or PATS interior antennas. The harnesses will most likely also be missing the circuits and pins that are used on IA trucks. For reference, there are over 60 different part numbers for the main dash harness. The Body Control Module (BCM) and Remote Functions Actuator (RFA) are also different part numbers between IA and non-IA vehicles. Even if you obtain and install all of the components, the programming will be an issue to get the correct calibrations that will allow all modules to communicate with each other.

OP
OP
J

Jason Sarno

Reaction score
The dealers do not want to get involved with modifying factory components, and understandably so. Ford has released multiple service messages indicating that no attempts to should be made to add equipment that the vehicle was not built with unless there is a Ford Accessory kit available.

Intelligent Access w/ push button start is a completely different system than the standard key start system. Your truck will not be equipped with the door handle antennas or PATS interior antennas. The harnesses will most likely also be missing the circuits and pins that are used on IA trucks. For reference, there are over 60 different part numbers for the main dash harness. The Body Control Module (BCM) and Remote Functions Actuator (RFA) are also different part numbers between IA and non-IA vehicles. Even if you obtain and install all of the components, the programming will be an issue to get the correct calibrations that will allow all modules to communicate with each other.

appreciate the information. I found one organization that is aftermarket that’s a complete system. I’ll give them a call when they open at 10am.