2019 Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does ordering a 2019 affect dealer allocation? Or do they still get their full allocation if I custom order?

I was told when ordering mine it was part of their allocation and that it is how many they sell within a certain time frame that increases allocation.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor is an allocated vehicle. Does not matter if you do a custom order or not .. in that you can't special order unless the dealer has an allocation.

So does ordering a 2019 affect dealer allocation? Or do they still get their full allocation if I custom order?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It'll be interesting how the alcantara wears over time.

If it's the same stuff they used in the 03 Cobra seats, it "pills" up over time on a daily driver. The solution is to sand it until it's smooth again, believe it or not. You can only do it so many times before it's completely worn out though, kinda like polishing clearcoat.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be really petty of me but I'm glad theres no big changes.

I just picked up my 18' SCREW 3 weeks ago and it would have kinda been a kick in the balls to see some crazy new changes.

Also,

I guess the "trail mode" 0-20mph cruise thing means that the 2019's will have the adaptive cruise control that can start/stop in traffic.

"NEW Trail Control low-speed cruise control > operates between 1 & 20mph using the brakes/throttle to maintain speed"

This was hotly debated if the 18's did or did not have this feature so maybe this means the 19's will have it.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know bowtie- if I was buying a Jenny, I'd heavily favor the 19 with the electric shocks over the 17-18 trucks. I think Ford did just give you a major kick to the nards, even if you don't feel it yet. The shocks are where it's at on a Raptor, and any improvement of them from the factory IS a big change. It's amazing Ford kept it under wraps.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Most guys who use there trucks change to better shocks anyhow. The live valve shocks look cool but i wonder what powers them? Are they actually connected to th truck computer? How do they work on the RZR?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This might be really petty of me but I'm glad theres no big changes.

I just picked up my 18' SCREW 3 weeks ago and it would have kinda been a kick in the balls to see some crazy new changes.

Also,

I guess the "trail mode" 0-20mph cruise thing means that the 2019's will have the adaptive cruise control that can start/stop in traffic.

"NEW Trail Control low-speed cruise control > operates between 1 & 20mph using the brakes/throttle to maintain speed"

This was hotly debated if the 18's did or did not have this feature so maybe this means the 19's will have it.

Trail mode cruise doesn't use the radar/camera and has nothing to do with adaptive cruise. The start/stop is a completely different system and might/might not be included in the 2019. My guess is if it was an easy retrofit, they would have included it in 2018. Since they didn't do anything to the Raptor's grill in 2019, I assume it still comes with the old system.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Most guys who use there trucks change to better shocks anyhow. The live valve shocks look cool but i wonder what powers them? Are they actually connected to th truck computer? How do they work on the RZR?

Yes, if you see pictures released yesterday, you can see the wire coming off the shock.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I actually like the idea of the electronic shocks........"IF" they work properly. I had electronic dampening suspension on my m3 and it was nice. It was a little more comfortable for daily driving. And behaved aggressively when I wanted it to.

The fox 3.0's with finned cooled reservoirs is very nice and a great shock. But realistically.......waaaayyyyy too much shock for about 95% of raptor owners.

I like the idea of having a "comfort" setting for daily driving the raptor and for long trips. And then aggressive when I want to take it off-road. "IF" that's the way the programmed the truck of course. Because they could have valved the shocks to be aggressive to very aggressive. Or they could valve it to be comfortable to aggressive LOL. I guess time will only tell.

I'm not bashing the current truck at all. I'm getting a raptor no matter what.
The raptor is by far the best truck you can get off the showroom floor. Nothing even close to it. But I think the new suspension will offer the adjustability so that a larger crowd of people could use it the way they intend to.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jury's out. So far they are making waves in the RZR and mountain bike communities because they are, in fact, substantially better.
Any good MTB articles on this? I mountain bike and am unaware of this wave. Just curious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know bowtie- if I was buying a Jenny, I'd heavily favor the 19 with the electric shocks over the 17-18 trucks. I think Ford did just give you a major kick to the nards, even if you don't feel it yet. The shocks are where it's at on a Raptor, and any improvement of them from the factory IS a big change. It's amazing Ford kept it under wraps.

you have to be joking.

A week ago, anyone would have said that the shocks on the 17-18 raptors are amazing and best in class.

But now they suck??? LOL

I honestly do not know if I would even take the time to swap out to the new shocks if they were given to me for FREE. The current shocks are awesome to me.

I'd want to see a year or 2 of use and feedback from members first. I suspect it will be a whole lot of nothing, but hope I'm wrong.