2018 Raptor long crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slicksilver8

Reaction score
New member here, I went to pick up my new to me raptor at carmax and it had a long crank no start about 4 tries then the manager came out and tried the key fob and no luck just honk honk and nothing.
So they took it to ford dealer and they found nothing wrong, I’m still getting the truck as soon as they ship to my state but just curious what it could be , I see most get the dues relocation kit but I see that is for 2014 and older trucks. Thanks in advance . I guess the dealer put a new battery in the truck so it works good now. Maybe some sensor wasn’t getting enough voltage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slicksilver8

Reaction score
I would make sure the truck starts before taking delivery! Are you getting a warranty from CarMax with the truck! Welcome to the forum!
Yes 50,000 mile warranty or 6 years,truck has 50,000 now. They took to dealer and found nothing so I’ll have to keep taking it to dealer when it acts up, I’m going to go over some areas and carry starting fluid to see if it’s fuel related.its super clean and the others I’ve looked at are overpriced and more miles that’s why I’m sticking with this one.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It starts , just not that day.
You know this.... how?

It’s your money and if you want to spend it on THIS truck, go for it.
But there are other Raptors out there without problems. if it was my money and I wanted a Raptor, I’d like to think I’d be wise enough to walk away from something like this.