2018 order- I got my VIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc_trojan

Reaction score
First off, thanks to everyone here for helping me down this LONG, LONG process. The short story is I got the vin to my 2018 order. It says In Order Processing. Scheduled to Week (Week -of Aug 28 2017). That status was on 6/15.

I ordered the car from a referral of a member on this forum. The dealer is outside of Detroit, MI. I was told it was the first 2018 ordered. I won't post the actual vin due to privacy, but it goes 1FTFW1RG3JFxxxxx

Long story is that I had a 2017 ordered from a slimy California dealership. I was told at MSRP. We placed the order when the order banks opened. I followed the truck from DORA to VIN to finally arriving at the dealership. When I got there, I was told the salesman who I dealt with no longer worked for the company AND it would be $10k over. Dealer said I was lucky because they were going to sell it for $20k over if I didn't want it.

I told them to F&^% themselves. Hence my order for an 2018. Now I patiently wait. Since the detriot dealer couldn't order the CA emissions, I will have to do that myself.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a ************* dealership to not honor the deal after all that wait. You didn't by chance have anything in writing did ya? Judy Judy would love that case. LOL. Sorry for ya man

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search here about the CA emissions. Lots of conflicting info. But good luck!

The fact is every Raptor has the CA emissions sticker under the hood. That is all that is needed to register the truck in CA. If you truck does not have the CA option you will need to get it smogged and weighed. Those are the facts from he folks who have registered out of state non CA optioned trucks here.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already told you. Get a smog and get it weighed at a truck weighing place. Bring the paperwork to the DMV and get ready to pay lots of CA taxes.

I don't live in California. So I don't have the problem, OP does. How hard would it be to provide a link from whatever agency in CA deals with this stuff be?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are over complicating this. There is a smog check station on almost every corner, pick one and get a smog check. Weigh stations not so much, but google is friendly.

Weigh Stations