2018 invoice pricing with sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WannaRaptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent you a pm. I think msrp and under will be easier to obtain in the next 6 months. Most dealers around me gave me msrp or under when pressed. I'm under msrp with an order in and found others lower than where I ordered. Edmunds is almost spot on for invoice pricing if you want to see how much room they have. Although I agree with the poster above that dealers charging an ADM don't really care if you have that info.

Agreed all the way around. Thanks for the PM.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends where you are in the country but MSRP will be easier to get as time goes on, if they produce a 2019 and 2020, expect to pay a lot closer to invoice in the out years, simple market saturation.

There are 49 2017's within a 100 miles of me listed on shop.ford. com, I bet many of them can be had at MSRP once the 2018's start showing up.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends where you are in the country but MSRP will be easier to get as time goes on, if they produce a 2019 and 2020, expect to pay a lot closer to invoice in the out years, simple market saturation.

There are 49 2017's within a 100 miles of me listed on shop.ford. com, I bet many of them can be had at MSRP once the 2018's start showing up.

It depends on where you live. If you are in an area that is struggling economically, then there might be Raptors that cannot sell for MSRP. But there are 100+ Raptors on lots by me, not because people cannot afford them, but people won't pay the $20k ADMs those dealers are charging. Dealers with a more "reasonable" $10k markup sold all of their trucks. With 2018s rolling off the line, people by me will probably be able to negotiate a $5k ADM on a year old truck. What a steal!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Invoice pricing is not a secret. Go build a 2017 at edmunds.com and it shows you invoice pricing. The 2018 build engine is up but it seems there are a few bugs which they should resolve in the coming weeks.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you live. If you are in an area that is struggling economically, then there might be Raptors that cannot sell for MSRP. But there are 100+ Raptors on lots by me, not because people cannot afford them, but people won't pay the $20k ADMs those dealers are charging. Dealers with a more "reasonable" $10k markup sold all of their trucks. With 2018s rolling off the line, people by me will probably be able to negotiate a $5k ADM on a year old truck. What a steal!

Yeah, the justice will come for the dealers that bought other dealer allocations at or slightly above MSRP who will now lose money if they sell for anything close to MSRP.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the justice will come for the dealers that bought other dealer allocations at or slightly above MSRP who will now lose money if they sell for anything close to MSRP.

My thoughts exactly. A few month ago I visited a local dealer with 40 on the lot for a test drive and to see the colors and options before I bought one out of state. They started at $20k over, but were willing to do $10k over on an October build that had been sitting on their lot for 6 months and had nearly 300 test drive miles on it. They said they couldn't go lower on the other Raptors because they ordered those from other dealers and paid over sticker for them. I had to laugh because it wasn't my responsibility to bail this dealer out of his greed fueled bad decision.

They still have over 30 2017s on the lot and will end up taking a bath on those. Even if they drop the price to MSRP, that's still a bad deal because now it's a year old truck. Some manager will probably get fired over that bad idea.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. A few month ago I visited a local dealer with 40 on the lot for a test drive and to see the colors and options before I bought one out of state. They started at $20k over, but were willing to do $10k over on an October build that had been sitting on their lot for 6 months and had nearly 300 test drive miles on it. They said they couldn't go lower on the other Raptors because they ordered those from other dealers and paid over sticker for them. I had to laugh because it wasn't my responsibility to bail this dealer out of his greed fueled bad decision.

They still have over 30 2017s on the lot and will end up taking a bath on those. Even if they drop the price to MSRP, that's still a bad deal because now it's a year old truck. Some manager will probably get fired over that bad idea.

Wow that's a crazy number of trucks! What state was that in?

Yeah somebody should be fired over that decision.. I wonder what their next move is just cut their loses and try selling a ton of raptors at a loss or hold out.. once the 2018 start coming in that inventory is going to take a big hit.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Colorado. It looks like they sold a few since I last looked. Now they only have 28 2017s sitting on the lot. They must be getting a little nervous and more willing to deal. But to these guys that is probably dropping to $10k over.

I think they still have a little breathing room because I assume most early 2018 builds are customer orders and we won't see many 2018s sitting on lots until the end of the year.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's already starting to happen. A dealer near me had a 30k markup the first time I went in to look at a 2017. The last time I went in it was down to 20k. Not quite "justice" but a sign nonetheless. After the sales guy learned I had an '18 on order from another dealer, he offered to make me a "killer deal" on a '17

OP
OP
X

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hahaha good screw that dealer sucks for everyone there that's going have to try sell them to some poor sucker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing