2017 Raptor Color Options (From Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the update!

Have a few buddies who aren't on the forums much but interested in the '17 and that makes it a quick easy read to see the color options!

Going to Philly Auto Show this week to checkout the '17 in Avalanche Gray that they have on display. The pics I got sent to me today look better than the Ford release Photos. Actually liking the wheels from the cell phone photos. Will see in person!

Four by Six

Reaction score
Magnetic

No love for magnetic? I think that color would look awesome.

My gripe with Avalanche Grey is that it is not metallic. I think it would look better as a metallic.

Four by Six

Reaction score
My apologies, I was not suggesting you left it out. I was merely pointing out the lack of enthusiasm for the color. It is a shame it is late availability.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
My apologies, I was not suggesting you left it out. I was merely pointing out the lack of enthusiasm for the color. It is a shame it is late availability.

No worries. I like the color too. I have Sterling Grey on my Super Duty right now, so I definitely like it. I want to see it on the new truck, though I'm almost 100% set on Avalanche Grey.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree I think magnetic will be one of the most badazz colors on the gen 2's. It'll probably be just "okay" in stock form, but a few touches with some methods, rappy graphics, LEDs, it'll quickly accent it into a badazz combo! Always said Raptors should be available in more dirt colors lol

Attached are 4 photos my buddy took at the Philly Auto Show yesterday. I'll try to get more if I can make it out there sometime this week.

I know many hate the tailgate, but I like it. Breaks up the monotony of a giant painted tailgate with the gray, and I think with some CF vinyl over the FORD lettering on the tailgate it'll look real nice, along with matching CF vinyl over the FORD lettering on the grille. Rappy Graphics will have more items to sell! lol

I also just noticed that Ford is now painting the door handles!!!!! I HATE the textured black plastic on my gen 1 door handles, so very happy to see the Gen 2 to have painted handles. Hopefully that sticks into production models.

The protrusions into the headlights, while I love the new headlight style, I think those protrusions are begging for something in the middle of them in that flat area. Maybe some kind of flush mount LED??

Lastly and I think this one may bring some gripes, but it looks like the hood opens differently than the Gen 1's. With the way the painted trim on the inner side of the headlight wraps around the grille on the upper portion, it looks like the grille doesn't open with the hood like the gen 1's, and it's back to the conventional style hood where the grille stays down in place. I'm sure folks will gripe because that will make fitting LED bars behind the grille and stuff harder to install, but personally I like it better because I hate staring at that ugly radiator/cooler/condenser and whatnot with the hood open and the grille 8' in the air lol

*edit* oh and one more thing, I'm anxiously awaiting to see the graphics package that will be offered. I really can't imagine the Ford NOT offering optional hood & bedside graphics on the Gen 2 since they've been one of the feature options of the Gen 1. 3 different style bedside graphics and 2 different style hood graphics across the gen 1's. I'm sure they'll offer a graphic on the gen 2's. That may also feed into a little bit of some people whining the gen 2 doesn't look as raptor-ish or bold. I think gen 1 Raptors with no graphics whatsoever also look a little bare. Put a hood graphic and some bedside graphics I think it'll really accent the truck nicely.

*edit again* ha one more thing, on the "looking a little bare" theme, again I love the new style, but the doors also look a tad plain with no 6.2L emblem on them. Now I wouldn't be crazy about a 3.5L emblem there even though I'm a big fan of the 3.5 TT EB, and don't want to even get into that stupid debate, but a gray Twin Turbo emblem or EcoBeast or something there would look pretty nice, and give it another accent to make the overall look a little more bold.

I'm sure I'll notice 50 other things when I see it in person this week. So far overall, still drooling to get one and I think it's going to be extremely hard for me to wait until 2018 to order but I really want to wait till my gen 1 is paid off first before I order and enjoy a year of no payments for once LOL

Attachments

• PIAS01.jpg
    PIAS01.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,138
  • PIAS02.jpg
    PIAS02.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,985
  • PIAS03.jpg
    PIAS03.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 5,068
  • PIAS04.jpg
    PIAS04.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 797
Last edited:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree I think magnetic will be one of the most badazz colors on the gen 2's. It'll probably be just "okay" in stock form, but a few touches with some methods, rappy graphics, LEDs, it'll quickly accent it into a badazz combo! Always said Raptors should be available in more dirt colors lol

Attached are 4 photos my buddy took at the Philly Auto Show yesterday. I'll try to get more if I can make it out there sometime this week.

I know many hate the tailgate, but I like it. Breaks up the monotony of a giant painted tailgate with the gray, and I think with some CF vinyl over the FORD lettering on the tailgate it'll look real nice, along with matching CF vinyl over the FORD lettering on the grille. Rappy Graphics will have more items to sell! lol

I also just noticed that Ford is now painting the door handles!!!!! I HATE the textured black plastic on my gen 1 door handles, so very happy to see the Gen 2 to have painted handles. Hopefully that sticks into production models.

The protrusions into the headlights, while I love the new headlight style, I think those protrusions are begging for something in the middle of them in that flat area. Maybe some kind of flush mount LED??

Lastly and I think this one may bring some gripes, but it looks like the hood opens differently than the Gen 1's. With the way the painted trim on the inner side of the headlight wraps around the grille on the upper portion, it looks like the grille doesn't open with the hood like the gen 1's, and it's back to the conventional style hood where the grille stays down in place. I'm sure folks will gripe because that will make fitting LED bars behind the grille and stuff harder to install, but personally I like it better because I hate staring at that ugly radiator/cooler/condenser and whatnot with the hood open and the grille 8' in the air lol

*edit* oh and one more thing, I'm anxiously awaiting to see the graphics package that will be offered. I really can't imagine the Ford NOT offering optional hood & bedside graphics on the Gen 2 since they've been one of the feature options of the Gen 1. 3 different style bedside graphics and 2 different style hood graphics across the gen 1's. I'm sure they'll offer a graphic on the gen 2's. That may also feed into a little bit of some people whining the gen 2 doesn't look as raptor-ish or bold. I think gen 1 Raptors with no graphics whatsoever also look a little bare. Put a hood graphic and some bedside graphics I think it'll really accent the truck nicely.

*edit again* ha one more thing, on the "looking a little bare" theme, again I love the new style, but the doors also look a tad plain with no 6.2L emblem on them. Now I wouldn't be crazy about a 3.5L emblem there even though I'm a big fan of the 3.5 TT EB, and don't want to even get into that stupid debate, but a gray Twin Turbo emblem or EcoBeast or something there would look pretty nice, and give it another accent to make the overall look a little more bold.

I'm sure I'll notice 50 other things when I see it in person this week. So far overall, still drooling to get one and I think it's going to be extremely hard for me to wait until 2018 to order but I really want to wait till my gen 1 is paid off first before I order and enjoy a year of no payments for once LOL

Nice pics! I might be the minority but I like the minimalist approach to cars/trucks. I like to keep things simple and clean so not having big emblems and stuff all over is fine by me. Im not a fan of overly busy bedside and hood graphics either. I dont think they look bad especially on the Raptor I just would rather have a more clean setup on my personal vehicle.

I personally have a vinyl cutter/plotter and make a bunch of stuff but people always ask me if I have vinyl all over my house and car and Im like nope, pretty much nothing, I like simple!

With that being said Im with you, I do hope they offer different graphic packages so people can make them unique for themselves and to mix up the look so they ALL dont look the same rolling down the street!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you there, I ordered my gen 1 with no bedside graphics because they were too much for my tastes, but I did get the hood graphic. It's funny Ford seemed to go down a similar route of cleaning them up because the 10-11 had that huge digital mud graphic that went all the way onto the doors (NOT a fan at all) then 12 got the way smaller but still big graphics on the rear half the bed sides (not crazy but not opposed, so I saved $1600+ by not getting them on mine lol), then the final SE ones just got the Raptor text on bedsides, and in half transparent digitial camo at that. Just enough but not too much, I'll probably do something similar to those on my '12.

I think the '14 SE graphics would look great on the '17, not too much, but just enough. Time will tell though. Anyone hear when order banks open? I imagine it has to be within the next few months if they're going to start rolling out by fall? Really want to get some specs like tow rating, etc.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The biggest issue is going to be lack of room behind the grille for LED bars. In addition to make it a harder installation, the grille shutters get in the way. Largest light I've seen behind the grille is a 20" bar. Any larger and you'll have to remove some of the grille shutters, which I don't think Raptor guys will mind.

Also, the lower grille opening is narrower so a 20" light bar will have to be mounted behind the grille. Also, you can't simply move the license plate to the bumperette because the ACC sensor is located behind that plastic.

20" in Lower Grille on 2015:
_21_13_33_526d8e3df3aca499124e9857b3ff079092600d99.jpg
_23_00_18_ab3c35cb6ff3f285404f0288cc6aca800653727f.jpg

Radar Sensor:
screenshot_zpsjhnvrdml.png

Radar Sensor workaround:
80-image_c6c75c842bf94213b3a4bea98e5e01b727ba4161.jpg

20" mounted behind grille:
0228150759_zps5jds2a9s.jpg
0228151534c-1_zpsxxtgenlw.jpg
0227152228a_zpskbb1inbj.jpg

Then again, we also don't know the cooling requirements of the High Output 3.5L so intercoolers make take up even more space behind the grille and lower bumper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I'm kind of an idiot. I totally forgot I took this picture at SEMA. I know it doesn't matter much now because we've seen so much of the truck, but a few months ago, pics like this would have been kind of nice. Good thing I'm smart and only snapped one pic of the truck.... I wasn't AS IN to the new Raptor a while ago because there was little information about it. And there was so much crap going on in the Ford area that my head was literally spinning. But, FWIW:

lWiqKLA.jpg

Last edited: