2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btkeenan

Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCAB I purchased new May 2013. 83,500 miles in rust free AZ :)

I just upgraded from the OEM Sync2 to a the Sync 3 with a Sync 4 HD Screen. So far it looks great but waiting for the wireless Carplay adaptor.

I had to replace the OEM Backup camera last year and I used one from Camera Source. It's much sharper with better contract and better in low light.

Now that I have a much newer sync system, is it possible to get a camera with moving grid lines that replaces the OEM in the tailgate emblem ?

Update, I didn't realize when that post upgrade the front camera doesn't work unless you add a delay setting to the rear camera. I need to try it. not sure why this can't be resolved to work correctly.
Do you have a link to the camera you used as a replacement?

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
I just replaced my suck 2 with the sync 3. I ws o nteh fence as was this worht the trouble.. after 1 day of having it, I'm so happy. I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner.
I found a very reputable local guy on Marketplace.
It has a brand new screen, and he uses all Ford parts to replace the USBs. With... super happy.
600 buck.. worth every penny.. anyone on the fence I highly recommend.

BannisteR

Reaction score
Just changed out my Sync 2 to Sync 3. What a difference. Functions as it should, no complaints here, and I now have an interface with my phone. Very happy with it, and ready for road trips!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still don't get the issues people have with Sync 2. I drive Fords with both 2 and 3 on the regular, and they both fuction the same way for me.

I use voice inputs to bring up a full album from my USB drive and play it all the way through, then I switch to another. Sync 2 and Sync 3 function no different in that regard. I use voice commands to make calls. Sync 2 and 3 work exactly the same in that regard. Sync 3 has canned text replies that Sync 2 doesn't, but I never use them.

What's the big draw for you guys on Sync 3? What works now, when it didn't before? I realize Carplay and AA are added, but it seems like everyone is claiming their Sync2 systems are just broken and non-functioning and the upgrade made it all work again.

I get the screen difference, I have both 2 and 3 in multiple vehicles. My wife struggles with the Sync 2 screens. I tell her to push harder and it always works fine.

btkeenan

Reaction score
I still don't get the issues people have with Sync 2. I drive Fords with both 2 and 3 on the regular, and they both fuction the same way for me.

I use voice inputs to bring up a full album from my USB drive and play it all the way through, then I switch to another. Sync 2 and Sync 3 function no different in that regard. I use voice commands to make calls. Sync 2 and 3 work exactly the same in that regard. Sync 3 has canned text replies that Sync 2 doesn't, but I never use them.

What's the big draw for you guys on Sync 3? What works now, when it didn't before? I realize Carplay and AA are added, but it seems like everyone is claiming their Sync2 systems are just broken and non-functioning and the upgrade made it all work again.

I get the screen difference, I have both 2 and 3 in multiple vehicles. My wife struggles with the Sync 2 screens. I tell her to push harder and it always works fine.
The sync 2 setup worked fine for me until it didn’t lol. I got multiple BSOD (thanks Microsoft) as well “maintenance” (even though it was turned off) mid drive cycle that would lock up the whole system with the only remedy being to restart the truck. Of course the dealer couldn’t replicate the issue and thus wouldn’t do a warranty repair on it. Had the issue on and off for years since the truck was new before swapping in a sync 3 unit in 2020 and haven’t looked back.