GEN 2 1st Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1,600 mls w/ Mobil-1 full syn, (Sam's had on special for $25 for 6 pack). 5k schedule for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first time I changed after 600 miles. Mobile 1 and Ford Performance filer and I’m planning on do it every 3000 miles. It’s a turbo engine so that’s a reason why. Car and driver did 40k test with 10k oil changed every time and they experienced slow performance results so yea. Do it every 3k.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my first at 1k with Mobil 1 full synthetic and installed the Fumoto plug. I will change next at 5k then every 5k after that, probably with full synthetic Amsoil or Shell Rotella.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine with Amsoil synthetic oil and filter at 947 miles. I will do it around 3k miles. I keep all receipts and write the mileage down when oil is changed.

OP
OP
charliebrown

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I’ve had several turbo cars and blown hot rods but admittedly I know nothing about these 3.5L Ecoboost Raptor engines...yet. :)

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed mine at 1200 miles. Put in the Fumoto drain plug, making it much easier and virtually mess free in the future. Been using them for years and think it is a must. Using AMSOIL 5W-30 and AMSOIL Filter.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also running 5W30. I went with the recommended Motorcraft oil and filter that the manual recommends. I change it so often that the brand of oil doesn't matter that much.