19 model to 23/24 model, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It being worth it is subjective, but I've not looked back. Definitely drives differently, seems to corner flatter in sport around fast HWY bends. Sport mode is also a little less aggressive which is perfect for me, if I’m fleeing a bank robbery Baja 2nd lol. Rear suspension does feel quite a bit softer, although i was on deavers with my gen2.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all these comments it sounds like if I want to keep the 19 maybe another year to see how life is in retirement that I shouldn't go test drive a Gen 3 LOL I might get out this weekend and do some testing.

So I know a lot of manufactures have and are still having issues coming out of covid with quality. How has Ford done when it comes to the Raptors? Knock on wood my 19 has been pretty good minus cam phaser replacement at 33K miles.

Thanks

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From all these comments it sounds like if I want to keep the 19 maybe another year to see how life is in retirement that I shouldn't go test drive a Gen 3 LOL I might get out this weekend and do some testing.

So I know a lot of manufactures have and are still having issues coming out of covid with quality. How has Ford done when it comes to the Raptors? Knock on wood my 19 has been pretty good minus cam phaser replacement at 33K miles.

Thanks
I've found the hype around the Gen 3 on here to be exaggerated. It's a nicer truck, and an upgrade for sure, but it's not an earth-shattering night-and-day difference to the Gen 2, at least in most street driving. Speaking of quality - after 5.5 years the seats looked good as new on my '18. Three weeks into living with the '24 and the driver and passenger seats already have ugly creases in them. Common on Gen 3s. Cosmetic, but disappointing.

Last edited:

HTXShadow

Reaction score
I've found the hype around the Gen 3 on here to be exaggerated. It's a nicer truck, and an upgrade for sure, but it's not an earth-shattering night-and-day difference to the Gen 2, at least in most street driving. Speaking of quality - after 5.5 years the seats looked good as new on my '18. Three weeks into living with the '24 and the driver and passenger seats already have ugly creases in them. Common on Gen 3s. Cosmetic, but disappointing.
The complaints of the seat quality concerned me also. I was lucky enough to find one with Recaros. Probably another reason why I was okay with pulling the trigger. It’s all personal preference.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The complaints of the seat quality concerned me also. I was lucky enough to find one with Recaros. Probably another reason why I was okay with pulling the trigger. It’s all personal preference.
Good call. Sucks that Ford eliminated Recaros as an option on the 35 models for 2024 :disgust:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think we’ll ever see as big of a change as there was from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Gen 2 was revolutionary. Gen 3 is evolutionary.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had a Gen 2 SCAB and a 2023 F150 Raptor. I wont talk to the performance because most people have laid that out well in the thread. I'll talk interiors though. I think they Gen 2 was more comfortable on the inside. I don't mean comfort in terms of the seat/ride/whatever. I mean it more of a way that the interior design was more cozy and "warm" feeling. The Gen 3 is laid out better and much better to look at but damn its cavernous and kinda "cold" from a design perspective.

Outside of that, keep in mind that 2021-2023 Gen 3's are COVID cars. My 2023 had all kinds of ghosts in the system, quality issues, and craftsmanship issues. Its one of the main reasons I got rid of it for a Bronco Raptor within 4 months of owning it. I was worried about the gremlins that would pop up after warranty. If you go Gen 3, go with the 2024.

For what its worth, my 2018 SCAB was the only truck my fiancé talks about missing. She thinks everything else I drove, including a 2023 F150 Raptor and 2023 Braptor, was stupid and too big lol.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is my biggest concern now with buying a post Covid vehicle it seems like Ford and every other manufacture are still trying to get the quality back they had before Covid. Some never had it before and I can't imagine what they are like now.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that is my biggest concern now with buying a post Covid vehicle it seems like Ford and every other manufacture are still trying to get the quality back they had before Covid. Some never had it before and I can't imagine what they are like now.
With all this doubt, sounds like you should keep your current truck. No more concerns…