14.5" Tesla style radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Currently in the middle of installing mine. Going from an Android 9 PX6 12" unit to this. So far it's used the same GPS antenna, but this has WiFi antennas whereas the PX6 did not. The other thing is that this unit does not have the ability to bolt the APIM to it like the PX6 unit did, as the PX6 unit used a jumper harness to go to from the factory connector to the APIM and the PX6 unit. Part of me is wondering if they sent me the wrong harness at this point.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After digging into it it looks like the company sent me the wrong unit. The APIM wouldn't bolt to the back of the unit and the harness was all wrong. I believe they sent me one for a 15-17.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still going back and forth with the company at this point. Probably will just have to file a chargeback on it as it's clearly the wrong unit after looking at the install instructions.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turns out the unit I got was in fact the incorrect unit. Looks like it was probably for a Sync 1 vehicle that didn't have an APIM. I went back and forth with the company on Aliexpress and also sent messages to their website with no reply. They kept trying to tell me it was the correct unit for the vehicle, but I don't think they understood that it didn't fit a Sync 2 setup. I ended up having to file a chargeback through my credit card company on it, and ordered the unit from the same place Radelow did, as it's the same setup as I had.