14.5" Tesla style radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setup arrived. Looks good quality and well packed. I got it all installed and setup. Took around and hour and a half to get everything wired up. Very easy. Works as advertised. Wireless Carplay is seamless, HVAC and seat controls work, factory backup camera works. You can also directly access the Sync 2 screen if you want. I can also confirm it works with my DSR1 and stereo setup flawlessly. Will have to spend some time testing however I have one fitment issue that I am sorting out with the them that needs to be resolved first. Will report back.

2024-07-26_11-35-53_578.jpg2024-07-26_11-36-05_008.jpg2024-07-26_11-37-00_785.jpg

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All installed and operating correctly! Here are some screenshots. If you have any questions let me know.

Install without screen on
2024-07-27_13-26-20_032.jpg

"Modern" Homescreen
2024-07-27_13-37-29_046.jpg

Apple Music through wireless carplay
2024-07-27_13-37-32_956.jpg

Wireless carplay home screen
2024-07-27_13-37-35_215.jpg

Playing music through wireless carplay
2024-07-27_13-37-39_894.jpg

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple other notes...

1. Speed is VERY fast. Way faster than Sync 2. Feels like the system in my BMW iX.
2. Boot time is less than 5 seconds typically.
3. Button color at the bottom is completely customizable.
4. Sound quality is ok. It has a built in EQ that I may need to play with. Not sure how it interacts with the DSR1. Might have to go into the DSR1 and change my curves in there instead.
5. System response (HVAC, etc.) is near instant when you press buttons.
6. There are a lot of extra things to wire. IE RCA outs, GPS antenna, microphone (not sure what that is for), extra USB plugs (not sure if the factory ones still work. I believe they do as I plugged a USB into the back. Need to test.

Bottom line I highly recommend it based on initial observations. The install was very easy. The one issue I had was due to user error. I forgot to use the included brackets that relocate the old CD player lower in the stack. Couldn't get it to fit otherwise. Everything labeled well and the harness appears to be high quality.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
You can also directly access the Sync 2 screen if you want.
What's this mean? Is the sync 2 screen behind this screen? Or do you remove it
Not sure how it interacts with the DSR1. Might have to go into the DSR1 and change my curves in there instead.
I'm behind the times in car audio. What's the DSR1? Is this something aftermarket?

How about the front camera?

Last edited:

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's this mean? Is the sync 2 screen behind this screen? Or do you remove it

I'm behind the times in car audio. What's the DSR1? Is this something aftermarket?

How about the front camera?
- Sorry for not being clear. You can ACCESS the Sync 2 system directly through this system in case you want to. The actual physical screen is removed.

- DSR1 is a module made by Rockford Fosgate for taking the signal from a proprietary audio system like Sync 2 and converting it to RCA outputs along with allowing the factory controls to remain. Also includes a very advanced DSP for control. See: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1/

- Have not checked the front camera. That is a great question I will have to look into.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
- Sorry for not being clear. You can ACCESS the Sync 2 system directly through this system in case you want to. The actual physical screen is removed.

- DSR1 is a module made by Rockford Fosgate for taking the signal from a proprietary audio system like Sync 2 and converting it to RCA outputs along with allowing the factory controls to remain. Also includes a very advanced DSP for control. See: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1/

- Have not checked the front camera. That is a great question I will have to look into.
any update on the front camera? i think im about to order one