GEN 2 100K mile suspension refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update in the suspension… Just picked up my truck from TSW and HOLY CRAP!!!!

What a difference. This thing feels better than new…seriously. Just some tooling around on surface streets and down a bombed out access road so far, but wow!

I had no idea how bad my shocks had gotten… was just used to the ****** ride I guess. I’m falling in love with this thing all over again!

The shocks look better than new too… Can hardly believe these are the same shocks.

i-BVWwwPP-X4.jpg

i-JZK6MDR-X4.jpg

Next up Deaver +3 HDs and some more fab work.

Torn on the brakes, but leaning toward these:

i-jzs4qbL-X4.png

More to follow

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
…but that V8 sound though.
lemme help a brutha out

Seriously, you’d be giving up almost 100 foot pounds of torque in a N/A Coyote. Even the 7.3 crate motor won’t match the Eco without some mods.
Just tune the eco and be done with it.

Coyote’s a good motor, no doubt, but it’s a small displacement, high revving car engine and you’re going to hate it N/A in a 6000 pound truck. Unless you opt for the Ford blower >:-> but again, getting in the truck, wired up and compatible with the existing harness work... Ugh.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lemme help a brutha out

Seriously, you’d be giving up almost 100 foot pounds of torque in a N/A Coyote. Even the 7.3 crate motor won’t match the Eco without some mods.
Just tune the eco and be done with it.
There's so much potential to a motor that already has port injection & direct injection. Bolting on a bigger fuel pump and injectors, throttle body, turbos & headers and a better intercooler to that HO 3.5 ecoboost has been done for years. A friend of mine purchased a Raptor motor/trans dropout from Hennessey, who replaced it with their engine package. He has it in his SCORE Class 7 Ranger; tuned on racing fuel to make 600hp all day long, and capable of 700hp for passing. He has held the class championship for many years now.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you could just order a 2wd SCAB f150 with the $12K FP700 supercharger option, then do a "Raptor Conversion". I've seen a complete Gen 3 takeoff suspension for $5K on off-road sites.. You could build it around 37's, stick with 2WD, keep it light as possible, and vinyl wrap it yourself instead of spending $1000's on paint.

@TomDirt …yeah, remember what I said about not wanting to open Pandora’s box? :hahano:

Gonna pop by HM Offroad OTW back from having Izzy work his magic on my Raptor. A true street legal supercharged V8 RWD pre-runner along the lines of @06z truck, but with maybe another inch of travel up front, and better F-R balance due to no front drive system actually sounds like a friggin’ hoot!

Gears turnin’…

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@TomDirt …yeah, remember what I said about not wanting to open Pandora’s box? :hahano:

Gonna pop by HM Offroad OTW back from having Izzy work his magic on my Raptor. A true street legal supercharged V8 RWD pre-runner along the lines of @06z truck, but with maybe another inch of travel up front, and better F-R balance due to no front drive system actually sounds like a friggin’ hoot!

Gears turnin’…
Photos or..... you know the rest.