What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstnumber73

Reaction score
Ford will 100% update the standard motor. When remains to be seen. HP sells and 90 HP difference is a lot. I'm guessing bigger ecoboost or hybrid.

OP
OP
FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ford needs to anything. The Current Raptor is still a superior truck plus we have RWD. The Dodge is AWD when not in 4 Wheel sucking gas. I bet the Current Raptor will beat it in a race

I think the RHO is 4x4 and the TRX is full time awd.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford will 100% update the standard motor. When remains to be seen. HP sells and 90 HP difference is a lot. I'm guessing bigger ecoboost or hybrid.
Yeh but you Won't brake the bank getting 90 hp with some simple mods. I got almost 30 with Long Tube Headers, CAI on a Eddy Current Dyno tune in my Gen1. Headers were expensive I'm just not doing the SC route yet until I do Forged internals. But you guys with the Gen 2 and 3s it won't cost you as much to get 90. Besides my 4:10 Gears throw my Gen 1 pretty good in the 1st 4 gears so a SC is not really necessary for me. I Love my truck who has the most HP is just another Pissing contest, some one will always have more. I'll take a Proven Raptor over anything that's out there, even my good ol reliable Gen1

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford already has the answer to the RHO, it’s both versions of the Raptor. There really is nothing to do, our trucks are lighter, better suspension and two engine choices. That RHO only weighs 150 less than the TRX, whoopee. Will be interesting to see a drag race v6 vs inline.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the inherent sewing machine smoothness of an inline 6 but the TT Hurricane is still unproven.

It also uses on less cylinder head, exhaust manifold, head gasket, etc. for simplicity.

Last edited: