What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayman

Reaction score
I doubt very highly they are going to develop a new or even semi modified version of the HO 3.5 for the Raptor. They will have to increase power, and likely it’ll come at the expense of weight from a battery and motors. They already have a power boost, there is no way in all their staff meetings the idea of putting the hybrid in the raptor hasn’t come up at least once.

I think we've all seen the PB Raptor. I doubt they'll go the hybrid route mainstream with the Raptor as a bump in #'s.... Hybrids are still a huge turnoff for alot of people, especially a truck like a Raptor. I wouldn't give a PB Raptor a second look, I don't personally know another Raptor owner thatd take the jump on a PB Raptor.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we've all seen the PB Raptor. I doubt they'll go the hybrid route mainstream with the Raptor as a bump in #'s.... Hybrids are still a huge turnoff for alot of people, especially a truck like a Raptor. I wouldn't give a PB Raptor a second look, I don't personally know another Raptor owner thatd take the jump on a PB Raptor.
Oh i agree, I don’t want that to happen. I’d much rather have an all motor 550HP eco boost. I just worry about what the ford people might be thinking about doing.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let Ford still work on the actual 3.5 TT to keep it more reliable as possible and 450HP is enough !
In other topic , @ToadSmasher2K1 who had a peasant raptor and now a R say that in a way , he had more pleasure to drive the standard one as a daily , bcs he can put pedal gas on the floor and play in all conditon (on/off road) with this tamable truck, seem different with the 700HP of the R ...
Huge power is just good for salesman/dealer profit and dragrace...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.7L V8, ceramic engine block, direct injection, electric PS and AC, naturally aspirated with a supercharger option.
I'd buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL