Oil seperator / catch can for the R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Ford Performance GT500 Oil Separator, has anyone installed this yet?

Usually I’m not a catch can guy, but in this case I’m going to give it a try.
I am very interested to know if this fits. I have the FP on my GT350. Its a nice fitment, cleaning it leaves a little to be desired though.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very interested to know if this fits. I have the FP on my GT350. Its a nice fitment, cleaning it leaves a little to be desired though.
The GT500 separator drains back into the engine, so no cleaning required. Or at least that's my understanding

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GT500 separator drains back into the engine, so no cleaning required. Or at least that's my understanding
Goodness I hope not. I'd prefer the forbidden milk (water/oil mix - especially during the cold winter) not end up back in the head. That alone will make me not go for it.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which UPR are you considering? Any particular reason UPR?

I’m new to the catch can world. I wasn’t a believer previously

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which UPR are you considering? Any particular reason UPR?

I’m new to the catch can world. I wasn’t a believer previously
I’m also new to the catch can world. I was either going for the SPE or the UPR. The Spe one is designed just like the FP just cleaner being black billet. I liked that the Upr has a 4 stage filtration design vs the spe/fp 3 stage.

Plus I preferred the mounting location of the UPR. Their products are tried and trued from many so I pulled the trigger

CSP

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SDHQ installed the UPR on mine. After 1300 miles there was maybe 1/4- 1/2 oz. of black yuck in it, enough to pour a little out.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FP oil separator arrived today. This video has me wondering if it’s even worthwhile

IMG_6191.jpeg