Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on fitment of fender flares to fenders. When washing noticed water running off a bit oddly. Closer examination showed a gap of about 1/8" between the fender flare and fender mostly at top of flare. Have this on all but passenger front. Before I take anything apart I was wondering if same on other 2024. BTW, not an issue on my 2020. Here is a pic. The dark black is the gap.

View attachment 452588
I took this one off to see if anything could be adjusted or if anything was broken. Broke 3 tabs taking it off, but they are cheap especially on Amazon. When the fender comes off there is a bracket that mounts to the fender. There is no adjustment at top of fender where the gap is. I also checked a 37 on dealers lot and it was the same. Bottom line is think it is just a bad mold. When the flares are all taken off for PPF, I am going to get all the part numbers and then see if the part has been superceeded since some report no gaps.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seat replacement and tailgate piece are in. Getting them replaced next Friday. That didn’t take nearly as long as I thought.

The seat isn’t being replaced, just the cover/skin, which is what I was thinking. That’s a bitch of an install, hope they get it right…

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seat replacement and tailgate piece are in. Getting them replaced next Friday. That didn’t take nearly as long as I thought.

The seat isn’t being replaced, just the cover/skin, which is what I was thinking. That’s a bitch of an install, hope they get it right…
Let us know how it goes especially tailgate piece. 3 of my 4 corners came loose during first wash. Pretty obvious that double stick tape did not hold. Think I am going to try some epoxy and heat gun to see if I can avoid trip to dealer.

bubbaq

Reaction score
So far no issues with my 24. I haven’t had any issues with either one of my 23’s.
10k miles of one of the 23’s

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corrosion on shock solenoids looks like shit. My dealer said they will try to order new ones. They held the truck for two months and couldn't swap them out. Getting sick and tired of Ford.

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corrosion on shock solenoids looks like shit. My dealer said they will try to order new ones. They held the truck for two months and couldn't swap them out. Getting sick and tired of Ford.
I stole this idea from another member and it works perfectly, 1.5” heat shrink and never worry about it again….the other member spoke to Fox directly and even if they are replaced it will continue to happen as its bare aluminum so my suggestion is clean them up with some sand paper/emery cloth and heat shrink them.

Attachments

• IMG_8355.jpeg
    IMG_8355.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 52

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no point is replacing them, the new ones will be the same. They’re uncoated aluminum, the surface corrosion is normal.