Corrosion on shock solenoids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwistAir

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue? I want to say most trucks I’ve seen it’s a grey/silver color on the solenoid but mine seem to be oxidizing. 2024 37 package 280 miles.
IMG_4679.png

Attachments

• IMG_4680.png
    IMG_4680.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 18

Subaruski

Reaction score
My 802a arrived in similar condition. Read about one individual masking of the shock bodies and painting them.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a problem on all dual live valve shocks on the '24's. The single valves are black anodized which offers better corrosion protection.

R,
HAP

zachery55

Reaction score
Yep I have the same issue and many many others. Up to 400 miles on my 24 37 package and I have maybe 16-17 items I’ll need to address including the passenger seat ventilation fan grinding against back pad. Feel like the support bracket wasn’t installed. So may little things wrong with it and thankfully nothing major so far but huge disappointment when it’s this expensive of a vehicle. Glad it’s all fixable but just an annoyance lol.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really surprised they did not anodize this. Well sitting outside in MI for four months of winter didn’t help, driving them from lot to lot on salty roads didn’t help either.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really surprised they did not anodize this. Well sitting outside in MI for four months of winter didn’t help, driving them from lot to lot on salty roads didn’t help either.
I agree it didn’t help for many that sat out for so long… but mine was built and shipped in late March… shipped and arrived in the same day and also has the corrosion. It’s just exposed Aluminum… and should have been anodized, so it’s not surprising. It will be interesting to see how much and how fast the corrosion progresses. Looking forward to if/how Ford or Fox ends up addressing.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing Ford will fix this on future builds....among many additional things. But maybe I'm wrong. It depends what Ford leadership thinks the best ROI is.