Commuter Car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
basically missing 3 years of work in the last 4 years due to injury and surgeries, i had to get a beater car. i couldnt afford to drive the truck to and from dr appts and physical therapy multiple times a week for so many years. i put 42k miles the first year i had my truck. drove it everywhere..... but commuted on the busa, 110 miles a day. i spent a lot of time going to the desert to offroad. thats where most of the miles came from. but i couldnt ride for a very long time so i finally had to sell the bike. looking for another. gotta buy another nos kit too. should pulled it off before i sold it. oh well.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We got an 07 Jokeswagen Rabbit. Manual makes it fun to drive. Fits everywhere.

Needs some TLC sometimes but I do all that.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not brave enough to buy a used ***-mobile for a daily. Also not going full penalty-box or anything. I love my rap and plan on keeping it a long time. Just exploring ideas and perspectives. (V.A.G is censored?)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
GTI final answer. It’s a poor man’s porsche.
well... One is a Golf or Jetta, and the other is a Beetle. Go figure.

Get a bike, Aerostich suit, heated vest/gloves, good helmet.
Depending on your taste, select a bike that fits your style and go. For PA, I’d definitely be looking at something with at least token wind protection.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well... One is a Golf or Jetta, and the other is a Beetle. Go figure.

Get a bike, Aerostich suit, heated vest/gloves, good helmet.
Depending on your taste, select a bike that fits your style and go. For PA, I’d definitely be looking at something with at least token wind protection.
I ride an Africa Twin.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife got a new job much further away with a small parking lot. Found a 2018 Edge Sport at a local dealer as a 1 owner trade with full history.

I forgot how nice these things are. Handles like it’s on rails, double the highway fuel economy of the Raptor, and all the technology aside from a 360 camera. And the 2.7 is a little beast in power.

1713573297566.jpeg