What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are paint to match.
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. I am looking to powercoat my bumper as well. I was always curious how they mask off those sensors to paint them. Also, how did you match the bumper color? Or did they powdercoat the whole bumper?

Edit: just realized you weren't the original guy. my bad

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. I am looking to powercoat my bumper as well. I was always curious how they mask off those sensors to paint them. Also, how did you match the bumper color? Or did they powdercoat the whole bumper?

It’s all good, I’m trying to figure out the best way to get mine done too. Another guy posted his front bumper disassembled and I immediately knew that water was deeper than I could swim in so I’m left wondering how to get this thing colored black as it should have been from the factory.

JD05

Reaction score
Awesome. Who makes those storage bins with those locking tops you have in the drawers? Would you have gotten the decked if you didn’t have a cap! Have you seen the drop down drawer that attaches to the underside of the cap!

They came with the Decked system. I always planned to do the cap so haven't even considered it without the cap. No I have not seen that but would like to if you have a link or something.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They came with the Decked system. I always planned to do the cap so haven't even considered it without the cap. No I have not seen that but would like to if you have a link or something.
You can see it at the beginning of this video.

flyitaway

Reaction score
did they paint the sensors or did you buy new ones that were black?

They painted the sensors
Looks great. Did you disassemble the bumper yourself?
The same guy that did my Font PPF and Tints disassembled and powder-coated the bumper and tow hooks. Apparently, it took around 8 hours to disassemble and assemble.

123_1.jpeg

Powder-coated in satin black. It matched pretty well.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They painted the sensors

The same guy that did my Font PPF and Tints disassembled and powder-coated the bumper and tow hooks. Apparently, it took around 8 hours to disassemble and assemble.

View attachment 454945

Powder-coated in satin black. It matched pretty well.
Mind sharing what you paid roughly? I’m thinking 8hrs of labor ain’t cheap. Also, to clarify… they powder coated the sensors or just sprayed them satin black for you? I didn’t figure those could go through the bake. Looks really nice BTW. I’m with @NACHOMASTER … looks like a major pain in the a$$ to do it on your own!

encyphered

Reaction score
Love it! Would love to know which rack and tent you went with. Also, which tonneau cover are you running, Retrax?
Max Modular conventional bed rack, Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 4, Truxedo Pro X15 tonneau cover with Elevate TS Rail. There are many products, but I focused on fitting the entire system to the height of the cabin roof and the length of the bed for daily use with an underground parking lot. If I don't need to fit the truck in the underground parking lot, I might choose any other rack and RTT.

flyitaway

Reaction score
Mind sharing what you paid roughly? I’m thinking 8hrs of labor ain’t cheap. Also, to clarify… they powder coated the sensors or just sprayed them satin black for you? I didn’t figure those could go through the bake. Looks really nice BTW. I’m with @NACHOMASTER … looks like a major pain in the a$$ to do it on your own!
The total was $700 for all the powder coating work. The installer miscalculated the expected labor on the disassembly. Luckily, I didn’t get charged for it.