Total Eclipse of the West Coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't blame me but it will be happening tomorrow night.

Over Two Point Four MILLION retina disintegrating, paint melting, thermonuclear candlepower will be unleashed.

You heard it here first.

:spinning::spinning::spinning:

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Light install is done. Hardest part of the entire exercise was "where to put the four slim KC Hilites HID ballasts"

Refused to drill into the truck so I had to get creative.

Anyway, these damn things are the "eyes of god"

Four 50 watt 8 inch HID lamps on the Ford Raptor light bar are a sight to see.

I've got the long range lamps inboard on the light bar, and the driving lights outboard.

Have to aim them and it's done.

I took a drive tonight with all four on and the beams are all over the place. Was lighting up peoples houses and trees miles away.

These lights are bad ass.

Getting the upfitter wires all straightened out was not a big hassle at all.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the lights almost aimed.

I got the horizontal axis done yesterday but was way too conservative with the vertical aiming. They are mega bright (driving lights) but need to be aimed up a little bit.

The long range lights made me laugh. I had them aimed at the same vertical axis as the other lights so when I turned them on I had two very bright eyes (circles) staring right out at me 10 feet in front of the hood instead of shining directly out.

LOL

Funny thing is, you can't even tell when then Raptor's stock headlights (Silverstar equipped) or brights are even on or off with just the driving lights turned on (even with them being mis-aimed)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brilliant!

They're so bright LightGuy's cat couldn't deal with it and had to take refuge in a light box :D

I_Cant_See_Anything.jpg

We're going to have a light-off at Anza-Borrego this weekend. There will be a minimum of three Raptors with blazing lights. Look to the West Saturday night and you could see it.

Hide the children - protect their eyes!

3783148389_e9af775b24.jpg

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just turned them on in front of my garage to aim them and this is what happened.....

040408.jpg