SHOXSpeed Strut Tower Brace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onebadf150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember the longtravel kit that fabtech did for the 97-03 2wd f-150s with the shock brace that went across the engine compartment it would be cool to see something like that made so you could attach a longer coilover.

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will work to some extent to lower front flex, not nearly as much as that shown for the street cars mind you. Is it a needed mod...not for most of us here. Would I put it on my Raptor, sure! It seems much more useful than 20" wheels and lower profile offroad tires that i see on custom trucks here all the time. Hell there are 24" wheels with knobby rubber bands here in Fort Mc and I cant understand the reason behind it. The biggest benefit I can see for this mod is driving the washboards in a drift,which even on gravel roads can be shuddering.

I emailed the company about availability of the brace for the Raptor. Here is the responding email that was sent at 7:44pm on a Sunday (SUNDAY!!!) now thats service!

Hello Tim,

I am Roberta Ortiz, SHOXSpeed's Chief of Customer Service and I wanted to thank you for your interested in our product.
We are proud to announce that we are in the testing stages of the SHOXSpeed Strut Brace for the 2010 Ford Raptor.
Our next testing will be done pre-running The Baja 500, in Mexico after this Memorial Day Weekend.
We currently do not have estimated time of production set but we will keep you updated as the progress continues.
Thank you again for your interest and we will be sending you periodic updates as they are available.
Sincerely,
Roberta Ortiz
SHOXSpeed's Chief of Customer Service

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to give these a try, looks easy enough to remove if I don't like it.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it will work to some extent to lower front flex, not nearly as much as that shown for the street cars mind you. Is it a needed mod...not for most of us here. Would I put it on my Raptor, sure! It seems much more useful than 20" wheels and lower profile offroad tires that i see on custom trucks here all the time. Hell there are 24" wheels with knobby rubber bands here in Fort Mc and I cant understand the reason behind it. The biggest benefit I can see for this mod is driving the washboards in a drift,which even on gravel roads can be shuddering.

I emailed the company about availability of the brace for the Raptor. Here is the responding email that was sent at 7:44pm on a Sunday (SUNDAY!!!) now thats service!

Hello Tim,

I am Roberta Ortiz, SHOXSpeed's Chief of Customer Service and I wanted to thank you for your interested in our product.
We are proud to announce that we are in the testing stages of the SHOXSpeed Strut Brace for the 2010 Ford Raptor.
Our next testing will be done pre-running The Baja 500, in Mexico after this Memorial Day Weekend.
We currently do not have estimated time of production set but we will keep you updated as the progress continues.
Thank you again for your interest and we will be sending you periodic updates as they are available.
Sincerely,
Roberta Ortiz
SHOXSpeed's Chief of Customer Service

Floppy: Any chance you can get us an update on this? It's been almost 4 months

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a shop in Vegas I saw a 02-03 F150 witt 17" of travel fully tweaked out and it had one of these. It was a 5.4.

The owner said it was a small but positive impact on street and off road. This truck was not street legal.