Serious Sync Connectivity Issues / Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all -

All of a sudden (past 1-2 months) Sync has been awful. I am getting frequent audio errors (Think the sound that happens when you plug in a guitar to an amplifier) also carplay doesn't connect randomly. I will be randomly peforming functions on the truck (opening tailgate, switching things on the main screen) and I will get this sound. It's almost like there is a short.

The bigger issue is during a phone call - the microphone will cut out and the sound will drop. The only way to fix is to send to your phone and listen on speaker.

The only thing I have changed is adding that stupid State Farm tracker thing. Do you think that will cause this interference?

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck was doing all of this. They replaced the Sync module n the accessories module.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all -

All of a sudden (past 1-2 months) Sync has been awful. I am getting frequent audio errors (Think the sound that happens when you plug in a guitar to an amplifier) also carplay doesn't connect randomly. I will be randomly peforming functions on the truck (opening tailgate, switching things on the main screen) and I will get this sound. It's almost like there is a short.

The bigger issue is during a phone call - the microphone will cut out and the sound will drop. The only way to fix is to send to your phone and listen on speaker.

The only thing I have changed is adding that stupid State Farm tracker thing. Do you think that will cause this interference?

Those OBD2 trackers cause a variety of issues, including those listed. Unplug it, do a Sync Master Reset, disconnect/reconnect the battery, and re-evaluate.

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those OBD2 trackers cause a variety of issues, including those listed. Unplug it, do a Sync Master Reset, disconnect/reconnect the battery, and re-evaluate.
Hey Sir - thanks for the help - I didn't clarify this is a bluetooth based device. I will confirm there is nothing in the port though. I will do a master reset also.
I called my dealer and they are going to replace the battery.