RPG lower link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reporting in after a little over 1 week with the links installed. Have not noticed any “binding/popping” sounds that have been heard with the full 5link kit installed.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reporting in after a little over 1 week with the links installed. Have not noticed any “binding/popping” sounds that have been heard with the full 5link kit installed.
Same here. About a week, and around 100-200 miles so far and have no issues binding/popping. Will follow back up in a few weeks but I think the issues have been coming when people do the full link kit with the upper links.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested in these downpipes as well. Was planning on waiting to see how other do the install before ordering.

I was going to wait too but I am impatient lol. I loved them on my GEN2 although I had a shop install with the Turbo adapters, these seem doable in the driveway so ill report back in a few weeks.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright y’all. After 500 miles. And a gnarly Florida hurricane rain storm to get the the bearings nice and wet, I can report zero issues with just the lower links installed. Not much of a performance increase (haven’t done another off-road event yet) but as far as looks, 10/10 recommend.

I did drive about 200 miles with them torqued to 185 ft lbs. then re torqued at 500 miles to 190 ft lbs and applied a neon torque seal and no issues.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the binding and the noise is mostly coming for the full link set up? Upper lower, etc..

Had a shop in town that specializes in a lot of aftermarket work for the raptor say that they bind up under hard use. But I don’t recall if that was the full set up or just the lowers.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the binding and the noise is mostly coming for the full link set up? Upper lower, etc..

Had a shop in town that specializes in a lot of aftermarket work for the raptor say that they bind up under hard use. But I don’t recall if that was the full set up or just the lowers.
From everything I’ve heard, it’s the upper links that cause the binding and a few others can attest. I can only speak from my experience that I’ve had zero binding, clunking with JUST The lower links installed.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From everything I’ve heard, it’s the upper links that cause the binding and a few others can attest. I can only speak from my experience that I’ve had zero binding, clunking with JUST The lower links installed.
Ordering now. Lol