Rear leafs hitting

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did one of the retaining bracket nuts come loose? It looks like a couple leafs are angled out slightly.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Did one of the retaining bracket nuts come loose? It looks like a couple leafs are angled out slightly.

Yes, it was hitting the bump stop initially to the point where it broke off. Was told it wasn't needed anyways.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do your shackles look? Do they look like they've been bent side to side in any way? I know my stock shackles were tweaked a little where the attached to the leafs that's why I went with a set of Rpg shackles. Also the leafs sliding out like that shouldn't happen and the u bolts do a good job of holding them in line but only to a certain extent.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
How do your shackles look? Do they look like they've been bent side to side in any way? I know my stock shackles were tweaked a little where the attached to the leafs that's why I went with a set of Rpg shackles. Also the leafs sliding out like that shouldn't happen and the u bolts do a good job of holding them in line but only to a certain extent.

Agreed. I switched from my stock shackles to Camburgs, as the stocks were too flimsy and weak.

However, have you tried contacting @WSI yet, Rick?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick, Please stop by anytime, free of charge so we can check out the packs. We have earned a sterling record with these packs, and would need to see if any damage has occurred. Our only issue has been the retaining clip (a few have mentioned ), contacting one companies "bump stop kit", which is why WSI highly recommends and retails ICON suspension components.
-Jimmy @Jimbo @RDFTS

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you remove all the retaining clips or just that inner rear clip?

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

As long as you have the other three retainer clips on they shouldn't shift unless they're bent

Last edited:

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rick, Please stop by anytime, free of charge so we can check out the packs. We have earned a sterling record with these packs, and would need to see if any damage has occurred. Our only issue has been the retaining clip (a few have mentioned ), contacting one companies "bump stop kit", which is why WSI highly recommends and retails ICON suspension components.
-Jimmy @Jimbo @RDFTS

I have one companies kit and Deavers, 50k of some hard use on it, and I still have the rear spring clamp. It's really not a problem, only a very slight rub. All aftermarket mods have unintended consequences.
Most often the shackle, a broken leaf or center pin, or removing the rear spring clamp entirely will allow a single leaf to move out of the pack.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432053671.995050.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432053646.046582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432053646.046582.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 46

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We normally remove that one clamp from the leaf springs and leave the other three on and those hold it just fine. If the center pins on the leaf pack aren't large enough for the holes on the plate on top of the axle housing OR the material the center pins are made of aren't strong enough to hold it.

And I've seen plenty of other aftermarket leaf springs used with said companies "bump stop kit" and nothing this major has come up so blame said company all you want but it looks like they're not the issue to me

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'll have this exact setup in the next couple of weeks, I'll be sure to post my experience. I know people who run both components without issue so I don't see why using them together will cause any issues I couldn't/woudn't have with deavers or nationals.

We could all go out and buy the same TV and at least some would have issues with it, that's life. whether it's user or component related who can truly say when we beat the **** out of our trucks. Nothing is perfect, as long as the company you bought it from is willing to step up and help you out that's what truly matters in the end.

Last edited: