Rear facing lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was searching the forum and found that some Raptor runs require rear facing lights. I want to do raptor runs in the future, and i came up with a cool mounting system for a 30 Inch bar on my tow hitch.

My question is if the light has to be, or should be amber in color, or can it be white light. Thanks for the help

-Mike

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea amber cuts through dust a it better and is easier to see but it doesn't have to be amber some use white and some use a strobe in the rear as well! I run ambers on a set of custom made bed rail mounts which work great and I plan on getting a white/amber combo strobe for rear facing as well!

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The purpose of the rear facing light is so trucks behind you can see you. Amber is the best color because you can see it through the dust. A 30 inch would be too big. You would end up blinding the guys behind you. I run a rigid D2 and it works great.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yea amber cuts through dust a it better and is easier to see but it doesn't have to be amber some use white and some use a strobe in the rear as well! I run ambers on a set of custom made bed rail mounts which work great and I plan on getting a white/amber combo strobe for rear facing as well!

I didn't know anyone ran strobes. My setup is gonna be capable of strobe but I figured it'd be better running them solid for a run. They would def be more visible flashing but I didn't wanna distract people either.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Here is my solution :
vebaje5y.jpg
y7ejyqav.jpg

Digidiodes 3x3 cube on TMX bed mounts. I have a few different colored filters for these which I haven't taken pics of lol
qe9aqahe.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use amber duallys and red duallys mounted in the rear ADD stealth fighter bumper. reds angled down and ambers throwing straight back.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which beam pattern would be best for the rear facing light to ensure visibility without blinding the people behind you?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any way you do it unless they are aimed down you'll blind folks. On the runs amber is best, and with the dust (or snow) kicked up they don't bother you much.

I use flood patterns mainly for my benefit when backing up/fixing stuff/hooking up trailers.